£53k - 79k per year
about 2 months ago
Senior IT Solution Architect
Remote working but need to be able to go on site when required at 24hrs notice (Hethel, Norfolk)
Fixed Term Contract - 12 months
£53,000 to £79,000 (Fully dependent on experience)
The solution architect role is critical to the effective governance of a technical online eCommerce and other Commercial solution design and ensures compliance with enterprise architecture frameworks. Ensure solutions designs can be and are integrated with other applications in use at our client and the wider group. The Solution Architect role is to maintain the integrity of our clients IT enterprise architecture with technical solutions by way of governance and change management, and to provide strategic technology guidance for future developments.
Ability to design and enforce best practice in design of an eCommerce solution landscape based on technology foundations. Keeping up to date with technology to achieve & maintain a leading position within the automotive retail market. This role will allow the individual to develop and provide input to and deliver the strategy for all IT Infrastructure systems as it embarks on a significant period of growth and utilisation of advanced technology solutions. This role is a key member of the IT technical team and enables involvement in presentations and meetings with Senior management positions.
- Act as main solutions Subject Matter Expert for physical and application design for new IT Business Applications relating to the Drive online sales platform and associated systems.
- Be proficient in leading designs of systems for projects, including integration to SAP, Finance, Configurators, and other associated IT applications, plus BAU and business planned upgrades.
- Where required, work as part of a wider design or change control group to approve new application requirements.
- Support enabling technology aspects of the Business Road map as directed by the IT Business Partner and Project Manager.
- Support the end-to-end delivery of systems into business as usual operations including training and service acceptance criteria.
- Support other Marketing, Sales and Service IT application projects where required.
- Provide input and deliver the Strategy (including upgrade roadmap) for all IT Infrastructure systems
- Participate in strategic and operational governance processes of the business organization
- Support IT strategic and operational planning to achieve business goals by fostering innovation, prioritizing IT initiatives, and coordinating the evaluation, deployment, and management of current and future IT systems across the organization.
- Act as an advocate for the organization's IT vision via regular written and in-person communications with the organization's executives, department heads, and end users.
- Identify opportunities for the appropriate and cost-effective investment of financial resources in IT systems and resources, including staffing, sourcing, purchasing, and in-house development.
- Assess and communicate risks associated with IT investments.
- Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for IT spending and initiatives.
- Coordinate and facilitate consultation with stakeholders to define systems requirements for new technology implementations.
- Ensure IT Infrastructure Systems operation adheres to applicable laws and regulations.
- Establish lines of control for current and proposed information systems.
- Define and communicate plans, policies, and standards for the organization for acquiring, implementing, and operating IT Infrastructure systems.
- Direct development and execution of an enterprise-wide disaster recovery and continuity plan.
- Prioritise and control projects and the project portfolio as they relate to the selection, acquisition, development, and installation of major information systems.
- The Solution Architect Role is expected to develop, design and implement technical and procedural documentation standards for the IT Infrastructure Team.
- Keep current with trends and issues in the IT industry, including current technologies and prices. Advise, counsel, and educate executives and management on their competitive or financial impact.
- Assess and make recommendations on the improvement or re-engineering of the IT Infrastructure Server systems organisation.
- Educated to degree level
- Extensive eCommerce Experience in similar role
- Security technologies (IDS/IPS, ACL, Firewalls/VPNS)
- Network technologies (Layer 2/3 routing, VLANs, WAN, MPLS), SaaS solutions
- Extensive experience of architecting eCommerce landscapes
- Multiple integrations with automotive systems
- Proven interpersonal skills with an ability to operate at all levels of seniority
- Fluent English spoken and written
- Advanced PC skills (Office)
- Strong analytical skills
Please send an updated copy of your CV if interested - email@example.com
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.