A Senior IT Engineer / Business Systems Manager is required for a high volume automotive parts manufacturer.
The role of Senior IT Engineer / Business Systems Manager has responsibility for the following:
- Maintaining the MES (Manufacturing Execution System), PMS (Production Management system)
- Ensure that production peripherals connected to the MES system are working effectively such as scanner, barcode readers, RFID tags to ensure.
- Run SQL queries to locate PLC data stored on the Server to identify where there are problem with equipment communication.
- Responsibility for the data between MES, EDI and SAP.
- As the company will start to migrate across to SAP from AS400, you will assist with the system migration.
- Ultimately you have responsibility for the Production Systems integrity by identifying problems and rectifying them resulting in minimal downtime.
- Work closely with the IT Manager to devise and implement new infrastructure projects which will improve manufacturing operations.
The suitable candidate for the role of Senior IT Engineer / Business Systems Manager will need to possess the following experience:
- AS400 (iseries) - good experience but not an expert.
- Ability to run basic SQL Queries.
- Manufacturing Production System knowledge such as ERP, SCADA, MES is highly advantageous.
- SAP ERP experience highly advantageous as the company will migrate towards this system shortly.
This is a very exciting role with a great deal of diversity and responsibility to maintain the IT Production Infrastructure for one of the worlds most renowned manufacturers. In return for your experience we can offer a high salary with excellent career development. If you are interested in applying to the role of Senior IT Engineer / Business Systems Manager, then please click on the link,