£40000 - £50000 per annum + benefits
about 2 years ago
A Senior IT Engineer with experience of 1st, 2nd and 3rd line support along with knowledge of MES (Manufacturing Execution Systems) within large scale manufacturing is required for a large automotive tier 1 manufacturer.
The role of Senior IT Engineer includes the following:
- Provide technical assistance to end users with 1st, 2nd and 3rd line support.
- MSSSQL Database administration.
- Configuration of servers, laptops and other hardware and peripherals.
- Maintain MES (Manufacturing Execution System) and conduct administration support.
- Manage all Infrastructure, hardware, networks, servers and firewalls.
- On a fair rota policy, provide business critical support for out of hours faults.
- Work closely with Head of IT to devise efficient plans to maintain the continuity as well as the advancement of IT and infrastructure systems for manufacturing and operational excellence.
The suitable candidate for Senior IT Engineer will need to possess the following skills and experience.
- IT support experience within manufacturing (Ideally high volume automotive) - not essential
- Experience with AS400 is highly desirable but not essential
- ITIL framework experience desirable
- Experience with MES Systems maintenance and administration
If you are an experienced IT Engineer/ Senior IT Engineer with experience of providing 1st - 3rd line technical support and have experience with MES Systems then please get in touch. In return for your experience we can offer excellent salary and benefits working for a very large automotive manufacturer. Training and Development will be provided to however core experience of the above is essential to fulfil initial role requirements.