£200 - 300 per day
about 2 months ago
Senior IT Buyer
6 Month Contract
£200 to £300 p/d depending on experience
- As the Senior Buyer you will be responsible for a commodity portfolio within a purchasing team.
- Be responsible for your own performance within the team, contributing to its KPI targets and objectives which are measured collectively.
- Deputise within the team as required.
- Lead negotiations for multi-million-pound tenders.
- Work with internal business stakeholders to adhere to the Group purchasing processes and guidelines.
- Ensure that you work within governance and compliance policies.
- Set commodity strategies, often in co-operation with central purchasing colleagues in Munich.
- Oversee supplier management activities.
- Play a key part in training others on a new purchasing IT system.
What we're looking for:
- Proven experience in procurement of goods and services for major projects, or similar relevant experience. High level of competence in PC and Office Skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Experience of managing supplier performance.
- Advanced contract drafting and negotiation skills, along with good commercial acumen.
- Excellent networking and communication skills.
- Strong analytical, presentation and interpersonal skills. Self-starter with project management experience.
- Ability to lead and influence a cross-functional team. Experience of purchasing systems coaching is advantageous.
Must be UK resident or have employment rights to work in the UK.
Interested in the above role? Please forward your CV today firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.