£27000 - £35000 per annum + Benefits
almost 2 years ago
Junior Interior Designer - DES963
Salary: £27,000 - £35,000 + Benefits
Posted Date: 26/02/2019
Expiry Date: 28/03/2019
Summary of Department and Role
Part of the Global Tata design network. The UK design team is currently tasked with developing several projects simultaneously for Tata Motors and assisting the parent company with the development of a coherent design language across product ranges.
More specifically, the UK interior design team contributes to the development of production vehicles including new platform interiors along with advanced work such as internal and external concepts (latest incl. 2018 eVision & 2018 45X Concepts).
This specific role is not only to provide an extra creative resource to our team, allowing for more time for everyone subsequently translating into a higher quality output across the board; it is also the start of an expansion of the interior team with fresh, younger designers` point of view on trends, design, producing high standard designs.
Main Activities & Tasks
- Achieve the highest level of creative output and support the global design network
- Produce compelling and relevant interior design ideas to support any of the ongoing projects and any other assigned activities supporting the UK Design Studio output
- Support the design process by developing concepts via sketches, clay or digital models to illustrate and present ideas to colleagues, head of interiors UK and Head of Design UK
- Communicate ideas in the best way (presentations, visuals, models dress-up, etc)
- Work with exteriors, CMF and UX to maintain alignment on the project all throughout its development
- Ability to support creation of presentation movies and/or presentation is essential as part of a constantly evolving environment presentations wise (Knowing After Effects is a big plus)
- Able to seek information independently and capable to work to the direction given/chosen and deliver to high standards
- Excellent team building skills to enhance the output of the UK interior team and influence globally
Other Features of Role
The role is based in the UK. May require some travel to India and/or Italy.
Desirable - Degree qualified or similar qualification.
Essential - Demonstrates depth of knowledge in a relevant technical speciality.
Essential - 2D software knowledge (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc).
Essential - 3D software knowledge (Alias, etc).
Desirable - Animation Software knowledge (After Effects, etc).
Relevant Skills for Position
Essential - Generates new ideas with appropriate action plans. Demonstrates feasibility of ideas.
Essential - Ability to inspire team to strive for improvements and high customer service.
Essential - Highly creative
Desirable- A minimum of 2-3 years automotive or other relevant industry experience.
Essential - Strong numeracy and literacy.
Essential - Good logical reasoning.
Essential - Ability to overcome cultural barriers.
Please send your CV, with salary expectations and notice period to Teresa Anderson