Senior Inspector (CMM) – Aerospace and Defence - Permanent - Milton Keynes Area – Attractive
An opportunity has arisen for a Senior Inspector (CMM) to join an Aerospace and Defence Research Organisation within the Milton Keynes area. The successful Senior Inspector (CMM) will be completing inspection work using the Coordinate Measurement Machines (CMM) and Scanners. The Senior Inspector (CMM) responsibilities include component, sub-assembly and assembly inspections to defined tolerances, reporting results and briefing Customers regarding the inspection results.
Duties for the Senior Inspector (CMM)
- Responsible for carrying out the inspection of models, assemblies and components.
- Following specifications given in the route cards, service requests or instructions.
- Conduct Optical Tracking inspections, snapping scans to models and reporting.
- Assist with the scheduling of inspection work to meet agreed project resource plans.
- Communication of schedules to the Manufacturing Centre (MMC) Team.
- Raise Concession Reports for submission and approval to Customers.
- Monitor the progress and conduct training, as appropriate, of newly inducted or trainees.
- Lead the technical development of the inspection capability.
- Technical development of the inspection aspects of customer proposals.
- Actively seek opportunities for Continuous Improvement of inspection procedures.
- Maintain an inspection log.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills Required for the Senior Inspector (CMM)
- HNC in Mechanical Engineering or similar qualification.
- experience using handheld metrology instruments, precision CMM and Scanning Systems.
- Technical experience with optical tracking and 3D Scanner software and methodology.
- Experience in programming CMM using PCDMIS software.
- Able to analyse CAD, manipulate datum’s and alignments for part inspection.
- Able to produce and analyse inspection results of model assemblies.
- Determine any errors and recommend viable solutions to meet customers’ requirements.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office applications such as Word and Excel.
- Plan/schedule project inspections and create reports using templates.
- A team player, confident and capable of mentoring and coaching less experienced staff.
- Flexible and positive attitude, willing to go the extra mile to ensure that projects are met.
- Attention to detail of quality of work produced and adherence to project schedules.
- Drive and commitment to improve own skills and be receptive to new ideas. Can-do attitude to overcoming technical problems as soon as they arise.
This is an opportunity for the right person to become part of a successful and professional team operating in a world-class facility. In return, we offer a competitive salary and a benefits package and the opportunity for further development and progression within the business for the right candidate.
If you feel you meet the requirements for the role of the Senior Inspector (CMM), then apply directly or contact Peter Heap at Jonathan Lee Recruitment. Either Direct Line 01384 446102 or Email suitable MS Word CV’s to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.