- Sector: Metals
- Function: Manufacturing and production
- Contact: George Westwood
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Phone: 01384 446168
- Duration: Permanent
- Start Date: Immediate
- Expiry Date: 07 June 2022
- Job Ref: 61632
The inspection of all finished parts using equipment such as Verniers, micrometers, PI tapes and CMM or FARO. In addition Patrol Inspection of processes and product quality. Produce reports as required.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Inspection of goods in, goods out, sub contract work and all purchased parts. Ensuring compliance to requirements before release.
- In process (by means of sample/random) and finished goods inspection.
- Logging/clocking direct activities onto the ERP system
- Communication of quality failures to relevant department and managers.
- Undertake First Article Inspection Reports activities in accordance with internal processes.
- Management of Calibration System.
- To support the supply chain to both internal and external customers.
- Signing first and last inspection reports.
- Reporting of non-conforming parts and ensuring containment is completed.
- To ensure zero defects reach end user.
- To advise operators on good inspection practice and to conduct training metrology techniques as required.
- To liaise with Engineering Dept as required
- To supervise inspection activity and assist as required.
- 14.To assist the Quality Manager to ensure that Internal and Supplier non-conformance 8D reports are completed to acceptable and agreed levels and implemented effectively.
- 15.To actively promote and encourage a culture of continuous improvement.
- Knowledge and experience of Polyworks reporting
- Measurement Systems Analysis/Gauge R&R
- Creation of SOPs, Instructions, Procedures
- Ability to write CMM programmes
- Experience of using portable arms and scanner.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office tools such as Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Statistical Process Control experience
- Knowledge of AS9100D or ISO9001:2015 requirements
- Knowledge of 8D non-conformance handling techniques and use of quality tools (such as Pareto, 5Why and Fishbone)
- To participate in the performance management system and maintain a personal development plan.
- To ensure the confidentiality and security of all information processed during the course of employment in accordance with the requirements of the Data Protection Act 1998 and any subsequent legislative revisions and additions.
- To be aware of personal responsibilities under Health and Safety regulations and attend appropriate training. To maintain Health and Safety focused projects.
- To co-operate with risk assessments and ensure that risks are identified and reported as they arise and attend appropriate training.
- To be aware of and adhere to policies and procedures applicable to the role.
- To perform any reasonable duty which lies within the boundaries of your capability.
- To comply with any and all reasonable requests made by management.
- To ensure the confidentiality and security of all confidential information, this will require knowledge and adherence to the company rules on confidentiality, customers and supplier non-disclosure agreements, Export Control Regulations, ITAR requirements and all other such requirements in accordance with Company policies and procedures, the Data Protection Act 1998 and any subsequent legislative revisions and additions.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.