Our Client, a global provider of pioneering engineering, research and test services to the automotive, defence, aerospace and rail sectors, is looking for a Senior Functional Safety Engineer to coordinate safety analyses and engineering activities directly to external customers or for internal product developments.
Our Client's portfolio covers all domains of land-based transportation including automotive, commercial, off-highway and defence applications with customers ranging from global vehicle manufacturers down to part-level suppliers.
What you will do
As a Senior Functional Safety Engineer you will be responsible for:
- Identifying hazards, performing risk assessment and classification
- User and systems level requirements capture, management and technical review
- System level architectural design and technical review
- Safety analysis techniques e.g. FMEA, FTA (qualitative and quantitative), HAZOP etc. applied at the systems level and hardware part level
- Performing audits, assessments, confirmation reviews, and verification reviews
- Technical leadership of small project teams
- Tendering process and preparation of project proposals
The candidate must have a strong experience in systems engineering and requirements driven developments and be capable of advising clients on best-practice.
What you will need
As a Senior Functional Safety Engineer you will be/have:
- Good first degree (minimum 2:1) in electrical/electronic engineering, systems engineering or a relevant related discipline
- Automotive-relevant safety-related systems standards such as IEC 61508, MISRA SA and ISO 26262 or
- Off-highway or earth-moving safety related standards e.g. ISO 15998, BS EN 474 or
- Machinery safety-related standards e.g. ISO 13849
- Capable of delivering a high standard of technical writing
- Capable of presenting technical information confidently to customers
What you will get
- Experience of working on a project from concept stage
- An excellent salary
- Career progression