Functional Safety Consultant - to £55/hr - Nuneaton
Business growth has created an opportunity for an experienced Functional Safety Engineer to join this global provider of pioneering engineering, research and test services.
You will be joining the Systems and Safety team and will work on all domains of land-based transportation including automotive, commercial, off-highway and defence applications bringing with you at least 5 years of Functional Safety and Systems Engineering experience.
What you will do:
- Take a principal role in executing functional safety activities for internal and external customers
- Provide expert level consultancy in ISO 26262 and safety analyses including FMEA
- Be willing to travel and work flexibly. The job is likely to involve periods of 1 week at a time spent overseas approximately 6 to 8 times per year. The job may also involve extended placements at customer facilities in the UK or Europe.
Qualifications and experience you must have:
- Degree in Electrical / electronic engineering, systems engineering or related discipline
- Functional safety planning and management
- Identification of hazards, performing risk assessment and classification
- User and system level requirements capture, management and technical review
- Preparation of safety cases
- System level architecture design and technical review
- Technical leadership of small project teams
- Tendering process and preparation of project proposals
- Developing and delivering training courses
Skills you must have:
- Capable of delivering a high standard of technical writing
- Capable of presenting technical information confidently to customers
- Self-starter with well-developed analytical skills
- Possess good interpersonal skills
- Capable of technically managing a small group of engineers
In return you will be paid an hourly rate of between £45 and £55/hour.
Applications can be made by calling Ray Greenman on +44 (0) 1384 397 555 or by email (CV and covering letter please)