£450 - £600 per day
almost 2 years ago
A Senior FPGA Design & Development Engineer is required to join a specialist satellite communications company that develops modems and other equipment to receive, process, analyse and send RF communications.
The Senior FPGA Design & Development Engineer will be providing innovative solutions that meet the environmental and operational requirements of high reliability environments.
Senior FPGA Design & Development Engineer - Key Responsibilities
- Undertake a code review of parts of FPGA System on a Chip (SoC) to comment on code structure, robustness and maintainability. Provide set of considered observations and recommendations for future development approaches.
- Design/ development/ test/ maintenance of FPGA/DSP firmware for the communications Physical Layer in Software Defined Radio devices.
- Use of High Level Simulation and Development tools as appropriate.
- Attend, and constructively contribute to, meetings.
Technical Skills and Experience required for Senior FPGA Design & Development Engineer
- System design and development of FPGA System on a Chip (SoC) architecture definition and partitioning, algorithm implementation, HW/SW interfaces.
- Track-record in delivery of integrated SoC solutions for digital signal processing.
- Xilinx Design Tools (ISE/EDK/SDK, Vivado), C/C++, Windows and Linux environments.
- Use of tools to perform simulation-based validation of algorithm design e.g. through HDL-based test benches, MALAB/ Simulink, Octave.
- Xilinx background, Zynq SoC (e.g ZC702)
- Consultancy skills to provide informed assessments of SoC implementations and development processes in VHDL and C++ and ability to report observations and recommendations in a concise report.
**Security Clearance will be required for this role and therefore only applications from candidates able to obtain this will be considered
We are specialists in Aerospace, Defence and Aviation jobs. If you feel you meet the requirements for the role of the Senior FPGA Design & Development Engineer or are interested in Defence Engineering jobs then contact Tom Duckett at Jonathan Lee Recruitment.