A Senior Firmware engineer is required to join a specialist defence and aerospace team within an innovative electronics technology company that specialise in high-performance control systems.
The Senior Firmware Engineer will be providing innovative solutions that meet the environmental and operational requirements of high reliability environments.
Senior Firmware Engineer - Key Responsibilities
- The Design and implementation of embedded software.
- Design, develop, code, test and debug system software incl. review of code and designs
- Modification to legacy platforms and Integration and validation of new products
- Liaison with hardware design teams as needed.
- Act as a senior team member assisting in project management and team leadership.
Technical Skills and Experience required for Senior Firmware Engineer
- Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or related subject
- Significant experience in firmware design & development through the entire lifecycle using embedded C.
- Proficient in the working towards strict industry standard protocols and guidelines related to safety critical systems in defence, military communications or aerospace.
This is an excellent opportunity a software and firmware specialist to develop your career and work in a highly technical environment. In return for your experience, this Gloucestershire based company will offer you:
- Non-standard pension scheme
- Relocation allowance (dependent on circumstances)
- Competitive basic salary
**Security Clearance will be required for this role and therefore only applications from candidates able to obtain this will be considered
We are specialists in Aerospace, Defence and Aviation jobs. If you feel you meet the requirements for the role of the Senior Firmware Engineer or are interested in Defence Engineering jobs then contact Tom Duckett at Jonathan Lee Recruitment.