Up to £45000 p/a
Our Client is the leader in world class automated payment solutions. We partner with businesses to provide payment experiences that set new and innovative standards for consumer convenience, security and reliability. We are excited to explore new ways every day to improve how millions of people across the globe can make their payments in a way that fits with their lives. Our global engineers develop products and deliver innovative solutions in currency validation technologies, cash management systems, digital payment technologies, mobile applications, security and digital advertising. We offer a range of devices for bill and coin validation, cash recycling and dispensing systems, IoT applications for our enterprise-level connected products and services, and software applications to integrate sensory hardware to machines and networks.
At you will become a valuable part of an inclusive culture of collaboration and innovation with the support of over 2,000 associates working in one of our 15 offices across the world. If you want to have a hands-on global impact on payment solutions, we want you to join our team as a Firmware Engineer. This is a full time position based in our office in Manchester, UK.
Work in collaboration with all functional areas to design and develop products that meet customer specifications and company requirements for schedule, cost, production ability, quality and reliability.
To write high-quality embedded firmware for a wide range of manufactured products.
- On time and to cost delivery of product functionality according to the product software specification.
- The writing of code to a professional standard with in-line documentation where necessary.
- The accurate assessment of project timescales for software completion.
- The ability to highlight software risks early on in a project.
- To contribute to the project team in a concise, informed and professional manner.
- To provide creative input on all aspects of software design.
- To maintain version records for tracking software changes on each product.
- Degree qualified in engineering, science or mathematics.
- Expert in embedded C or C++.
- Experience of ARM microcontrollers.
- Experience of IAR or Keil compilers an advantage.
- Experience of communication protocols such as RS232 / USB / RFID.
- Working knowledge of digital / analogue electronics and CAD.
- Use of standard lab equipment.
- Strong mathematical and statistical skills.
- experience in an industrial or manufacturing environment is desirable.
- Excellent time management with ability to work alone and unsupervised.
- Knowledge of IT infrastructure and networking protocols/systems.
- Good problem-solving skills with the ability to think logically.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to develop relationships with customers, suppliers and colleagues.
- Flexible approach to demands, deadlines and project direction.
- Able to make oral and written presentations. Be able to confidently present opinions and thoughts in a clear, unbiased manner.
- Willingness to travel internationally on an infrequent basis to meet colleagues and customers.
- Must be able to clearly answer all of the above, confidently and accurately, and provide supporting evidence if necessary, at time of interview or shortly afterwards.
- Describe a previous embedded firmware project that was worked on with a list of key achievements.
- Undertake a brief knowledge test.
If you are interested in the role please apply now or send your CV to email@example.com or call 01384 446145 and speak to Tim Parkes
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.