Senior Engineering Manager
We have an opportunity for a Senior Engineering Manager to join and help development of best in class and innovative manufacturing processes, in particular, CNC machining and the improvement of all production capability and capacity across 2 sites in the East Midlands.
The Senior Engineering Manager will be responsible for managing the day to day engineering and maintenance activities of their teams within the two facilities. The role is the technical authority in the procurement of all new production assets, principle adviser for the effective in-service maintenance of existing production capabilities and facilities, and responsible for maximising the return on capital investment. This role also includes responsibility for facility management, including occasional new construction activities.
- Manage the Engineering function of the company's 2 East Midlands facilities.
- Provide positive technical leadership and direction to the engineering teams.
- Work with and advise all Production Managers, the design team and key production stakeholders to continually improve all existing production capability to increase output and growth.
- Responsible for the delivery of CAPEX projects supporting and developing manufacturing across all sites.
- Operate in accordance with the Company Quality Assurance System and help improve and develop processes.
- Delivery of new and legacy product projects on time
- Managing engineering problems through to resolution whilst maintaining a commercial focus.
- Manage the performance and development of all members of the engineering department.
- Managing business improvement projects in line with the business strategic plan.
Experience and Qualifications
- Experience of leading engineering and maintenance teams.
- Experience of other disciplines such as Operations, Lean Manufacturing and problem solving tools.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in a machining environment.
- Demonstrable understanding of Health & Safety legislation and QA procedures
- Good understanding of CNC machining technical processes
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Willing to travel within and outside of the UK.
Salary and Benefits
- Competitive Salary.
- Contributory Pension.
If you believe you have the relevant skills and experience and wish to apply please send a brief copy of your CV and a covering letter, outlining your suitability for the role, please send your CV to Philip Delaloye on or call on 01384446192.