£20 - £40 per hour
almost 2 years ago
Senior Engineer (Validation and Test)
Up to £40.00 per hour LTD
A Senior Engineer (Validation and Test) opportunity has become available for one of the world's leading manufacturers of off-highway machinery and diesel and natural gas engines.
The suitable candidate will serve as an experienced, individual contributor on projects and assignments that are complex in nature and that support and enhance Caterpillar product performance, durability, reliability, quality and serviceability.
This position performs complex analysis work, identifies and resolves problems. Although this position may be the transition from individual contributor to team leadership, the major focus of the job is on technical delivery. Incumbents may work more directly with different units, suppliers, customers, and/or other teams and begin enhancing general and business skills.
The Sr. Engineer - Test/Validation may expect to have direct contact with products, machines, or components while working in the field or at customer sites or may have direct contact with suppliers and customers to develop processes or resolve problems.
Key areas of responsibility encountered in this role may include any or all of the following:
- Evaluate products and processes; perform needs analysis and initiate ideas;
- Perform product maintenance; keep up to date on new technologies or develop new technologies;
- Communicate technical information to dealers, customers, team members, suppliers, and other units;
- Support and advise other engineers, managers, marketing personnel, dealers, customers, and suppliers;
- Develop and maintain keen understanding of internal and external customers' needs.
Key skills to be developed at this level are data extraction/analysis, failure analysis and problem solving, application of simulation tools and methods, and practical application of theory and concepts.
To apply for this position you should have some of the following:
- Requires a Bachelor Degree or Masters Degree in an Engineering, Computer Science, or Materials Science curriculum.
- Incumbents must have demonstrated excellent analytical skills and the ability to perform complex assignments. Requires a self-starter with strong technical leadership skills.
- Must have ability to communicate technical information effectively with team members and others in the work group, as well employees in other units, customers, and suppliers.
Please contact James Tilley for more details.