£55k - 60k per year
about 1 year ago
Senior Supplier Quality Engineer
£55,000pa - £60,000pa
We are recruiting a Senior Supplier Quality Engineer for a leading automotive manufacturer based in Norwich who design and manufacture pretigious cars, they require an experienced supplier quality engineer to join their quality team.
Duties / Responsibilities:
- To assist in managing suppliers quality activities within the supplier base to ensure day to day production targets are achieved.
- This will involve defect prevention and timely problem resolution.
- This role offers the opportunity to demonstrate business improvement and measurable change throughout the Lotus production supply chain thereby improving product quality and customer satisfaction.
- This role will be focused on site supplier quality related activities as part of a larger Quality team that will deliver visible and measurable improvement of the production supplier base worldwide by implementing best practice automotive quality and supply chain strategies.
- Manage production related PPAP and concern resolution activities for current production series and new projects
- Produce regular reports including action plans for management, supplier development plans and CCARs.
- Manage, plan and carryout supplier manufacturing site assessments to support current production and new programmes.
- Develop and agree supplier development activity plan with internal stakeholders ensuring the team meets the plan and PPM/Quality improvements are achieved.
- New Part Introduction and/or new supply source, develop PPAP activity plan in conjunction with SQ projects team.
- Ensure all supplier visits are completed to process and any actions raised are taken to closure.
- Report part approval status.
- Current Production Support, interface with Resident SQ team to ensure issues are prioritised and addressed in a timely manner to minimise any effect on production and quality targets.
- Experience of using various quality tools such 8D, FMEA, APQP Control plans, MSA, SPC, process Mapping, problem solving skills.
- Support SQA site manager and SQA engineers to meet supplier quality targets and meet Lotus business requirements.
Qualifications and Experience
- HND/HNC or Degree level in Engineering or similar related discipline
- Broad understanding of manufacturing processes related to automotive production
- Technically aware and capable of interpreting manufacturing processes
- Automotive OEM or 1st Tier supplier experience
- Automotive supplier in a supplier quality engineering role
- Effective communication skills with the drive to resolve supplier related quality and production problems
- Analytical with an attention to detail
- Demonstrate a quality mind set and can-do approach to problem solving
- Results focused
- Full driving licence
- A willingness to travel worldwide at short notice, working at suppliers sites to resolve problems
- Salary (Permanent)
In return for your skills and experience this leading organisation will pay you a very competitive salary and fantastic training opportunities, please apply to this advert to day or contact Katharine Bignell at Jonathan Lee for any furthe information.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.