Job Title: Senior Engineer - Simulation (CAE, Thermofluids)
Permanent Position: 37 Hours per week
Salary Range: £44,000 to £53,000
Benefits: 12% bonus, Contributory pension scheme- Caterpillar will double the employee's contribution up to 10%, Contributory share scheme- Caterpillar will matched 50% of the employee's contribution, 25 days annual leave
Relocation Support: May be considered
Location: Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
*** Flexible working maybe consider***
For more than 85 years, Caterpillar has been building the world's infrastructure and, in partnership with our network of Cat® dealers worldwide, has helped drive positive and sustainable change on every continent. We are a global company, with hundreds of locations worldwide to serve and support our customer base, and respond quickly to their needs.
An exciting opportunity has now arisen for a Senior Simulation Engineer to join our multi-disciplinary Computer Aided Engineering (CAE) team, responsible for supporting the design, performance, emissions and mechanical development of gas & diesel engines for Caterpillar.
You will apply your knowledge of CFD and Engine Performance Simulation to a variety of complex, engaging assignments that support and enhance Caterpillar product performance, durability, reliability, quality, and serviceability. You will also provide technical leadership and coaching, and deliver new or improved simulation processes to further improve the efficiency and reach of simulation within Caterpillar.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Identification, analysis, and resolution of engineering problems using good fundamental engineering knowledge of Computational Fluid Dynamics and Engine Performance Simulation for which you are beginning to build a reputation as an expert
- Technical delivery, support and provision of advice to other engineers, managers, marketing personnel, dealers, customers, and suppliers both individually and through coaching junior & flexible resources
- Development and evolution of complex simulation processes to support future needs and to improve the effectiveness of the team working closely with process partners throughout Caterpillar
- Maintain technical knowledge in engine performance and simulation
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of internal and external customers' needs
- Accredited Bachelors degree in a relevant Engineering subject, plus relevant academic or industrial experience in CFD and/or Engine Performance Simulation
- In depth understanding of the fundamentals of CFD and/or Engine Performance Simulation
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to perform complex assignments
- Ability to communicate technical information effectively with team members, internal customers, project managers & process partners throughout the whole of Caterpillar
- Self-starter with a passion to develop deep expertise and technical leadership within the aforementioned field
- Extensive experience with internal combustion engines
- In-depth experience of simulating diesel combustion in Converge or similar CFD solvers
- In-depth experience of applying CFD to single and multi-phase flows
- In-depth experience of GT-Power or similar engine performance simulation codes
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of this area and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Senior Engineer role, please contact Lois Weston at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384446119.