8 months ago
Senior Mechanical Engineer - Orpington
We are supporting a leading multi-disciplinary construction and property consultancy based in Orpington (Kent) who are seeking a Senior Mechanical Engineer (residential construction) to join their expanding M&E and Sustainability Team focused on residential, mixed-use, commercial, industrial and educational. projects.
As a growing company providing a definitive range of services to the UK building and construction industry (covering chartered building & quantity surveying, project management, architecture & master planning, civil & structural engineering, mechanical & electrical engineering, sustainability and health & safety), this role will provide the candidate with an opportunity to become an integral part of the senior team who will be responsible for managing projects and clients, whilst influencing design and quality standards. The role also provides the successful candidate with excellent prospects for career growth.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Independent management of projects from initial brief to completion.
- Attend meetings with clients and multidisciplinary design teams as M&E project lead.
- Work independently and as part of the internal team to deliver projects.
- Work with a range of client organisations, including housing associations, local authorities, registered social landlords, private developers, main contractors, M&E sub-contractors.
- Liaise with and manage an internal team of engineers, CAD technicians and sustainability assessors to deliver projects.
- Develop and present project design proposals to a client following the external brief and internal discussions so that client requirements are met, acting as either lead internal consultant or as member of a team.
- Undertake project surveys including site inspections, stock condition, refurbishment, performance evaluations, etc.
- Prepare high quality output information including technical specifications, designs, drawings, equipment schedules, survey reports, and contract documentation.
- Work with the internal senior team to develop the M&E group resource and workloads.
- Develop new opportunities for the M&E team within the current client base and establish new client contacts.
- Work in collaboration with the multidisciplinary teams.
Minimum Candidate Requirements:
- Education: hold a bachelor’s degree or higher in mechanical engineering or building services engineering.
- Experience: a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar consultancy role.
- Project History: have extensive experience of delivering large scale residential and/or mixed-use projects with heat networks and low carbon technologies.
- Standards of Practice: you are expected to maintain a high level of professional and engineering standards and observe the legal requirements and professional guidelines of the relative professional bodies
- Professional Bodies: you are expected to be registered and maintain registration with the Engineering Council which will be reimbursed.
- Continuing professional development: you will be required to keep up to date with developments in Engineering through undertaking continuing professional development on a regular basis.
Training: The Practice is keen to assist individuals in developing work related professional interests. and takes training seriously, providing practical and financial assistance to all personnel.
If you are interested in this position, please apply directly or contact Matthew Heath (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.