Title: Senior Engineer (Mechanical)
Salary: £45,000 p/a
We are currently looking for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join our clients expanding MEP and Sustainability Team, the role will be working in Orpington and will be working with a wide range of projects including; residential, mixed-use, commercial, industrial and educational.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Independent management of projects from initial brief to completion.
- Attend meetings with clients and multidisciplinary design teams as M&E project lead.
- Work independently and as part of the internal team to deliver projects.
- Work with a range of client organisations, including; housing associations, local authorities, registered social landlords, private developers, main contractors, M&E sub-contractors.
- Liaise with and manage an internal team of engineers, CAD technicians and sustainability assessors to deliver projects.
- Develop and present project design proposals to a client following the external brief and internal discussions so that client requirements are met, acting as either lead internal consultant or as member of a team.
- Undertake project surveys including; site inspections, stock condition, refurbishment, performance evaluations, etc.
- Prepare high quality output information including; technical specifications, designs, drawings, equipment schedules, survey reports, and contract documentation.
- Work with the internal senior team to develop the M&E group resource and workloads.
- Develop new opportunities for the M&E team within the current client base and establish new client contacts.
- Work in collaboration with the multidisciplinary teams.
Minimum Candidate Requirements:
- Education, hold a bachelor’s degree or higher in mechanical engineering or building services engineering.
- Experience, a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar consultancy role.
- Project History, have extensive experience of delivering large scale residential and/or mixed-use projects with heat networks and low carbon technologies.
- Standards of Practice, you are expected to maintain a high level of professional and engineering standards and observe the legal requirements and professional guidelines of the relative professional bodies
- Professional Bodies, you are expected to be registered and maintain registration with the Engineering Council which will be reimbursed.
- Continuing professional development, you will be required to keep up-to-date with developments in Engineering through undertaking continuing professional development on a regular basis.
Hours: 09.00 - 17.00, Monday to Friday
Holidays: From 24 days per annum, rising to 30 days depending on length of service
Pension: Excellent contributory pension
Benefits: Life assurance
Training: The Practice is keen to assist individuals in developing work related professional interests. and takes training seriously, providing practical and financial assistance to all personnel.
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like more information please contact Lee Elwell on 01384 446 154 (Direct Line) or your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.