Senior Engineer - Interior Trim - MAE053
£34,000 - £37,000 Per Annum
A Senior Engineer - Interior Trim is required with knowledge of manufacturing engineering.
This company based in Gaydon requires a Senior Engineer - Interior Trim with experience managing workloads for a new permanent role. As a Senior Engineer - Interior Trim you will be required to:
- Leadership. To representing Manufacturing Engineering at regular management feedback meetings, programme Gateways and have the ability to cascade information effectively. You will also need to facilitate meetings and Virtual build events.
- Process: To produce detailed process operation sheets including visual aids, torque & tooling detail, quality requirements and safety information.
- Facilities / Layout: Working with Logistics & Facilities Engineers to determine efficient station layouts including modifications to existing facilities, racking & part presentation requirements, liaising with external suppliers of equipment and compiling necessary documents for implementation and approval.
- Manpower: Working with Industrial Engineers to develop effective manpower requirements reflecting volume mix and model specification including methods improvements to achieve hours per car target.
- Tooling: To select the appropriate (volume representative) Jigs and Fixtures, including specialised hand tools and power tool requirements to meet vehicle quality and hours per car targets whilst ensuring operator safety targets are achieved.
- Health and Safety: To liaise with the Health & Safety department to ensure all processes & materials are suitable for the manufacturing environment. Project Environmental Checklists will also be required when raising Project requests.
- PD Support: To work with the product development team from feasibility stage through virtual builds and onto to Job#1 delivery, ensuring due consideration is given to design for assembly, fool proofing techniques and ease of assembly.
- Quality Improvements: To liaise with product development to ensure new or modified product content is integrated seamlessly into the production environment.
- Technical Support: Provide advice / information to other business areas regarding production build sequence and technical specifications.
The Senior Engineer - Interior Trim should have the following skills or experience:
- A recognised engineering apprenticeship with substantial experience in the Motor Vehicle environment.
- ONC or equivalent minimum qualification required, Engineering Degree preferred.
- The successful candidate will have substantial Manufacturing Engineering experience, an ability to interrogate and interpret technical data and a good understanding of industry Manufacturing Engineering procedures and standards.
In return for your experience, this Gaydon based automotive company will offer you:
- £34,000 - £37,000 Per Annum
If you have any questions about the Senior Engineer - Interior Trim role or would like to apply, please contact Tina Field Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 889259
Unfortunately candidates requiring visa sponsorship CANNOT be considered for this role. To apply you MUST have either an EU/UK passport or a Visa that does not require sponsorship