about 1 month ago
Senior Engineer - Fuel Injection System
Permanent - Highly Competitive + Benefits
A Senior Fuel Systems Engineer opportunity has become available for one of the world’s leading manufacturers of construction equipment. The post will suit an individual looking for an opportunity to develop their career within a fast paced organisation at the cutting edge of engine design and development.
You will be responsible for alternative fuel injection system research activities as well as taking a multitude of new conventional engine fuel systems and components from concept to flawless launch, ensuring a robust system/component sign-off meeting all regulatory, quality, cost and timing requirements.
Working within a dynamic engineering-focused team, you will be responsible to lead the end-to-end engineering activities (research, development, delivery, and launch) relating to fuel injection system.
You will also need to support in-house quality, manufacturing and service teams in resolving complex technical issues arising as a result of warranty and/or issues that lead to engineering change as the permanent solution, creating all-in-all robust product of world class quality.
Role specific requirements
- Fundamental understanding of fuel injection system operating principles (e.g. mechanical/electromechanical design, thermodynamics, and tribology)
- Extensive experience in delivering high pressure fuel system projects for internal combustion engine applications
- Proficiency in the use of commercially available 2D drawing and 3D Modelling package with knowledge of mechanical engineering GD&T and manufacturing processes
- Practical understanding of design and calibration trade-off between engine performance, fuel economy and emissions
- Good understanding of fuels and emissions regulatory landscape
- Knowledge and experience in Model-Based-System-Engineering is preferred
In addition to a passion for engineering, a proven track record of delivery, and a desire to be 'hands-on' with projects from concept to completion, the candidates will:
- Have a degree in an associated mechanical engineering discipline, with a sound understanding of Mechanical Engineering principles (showing an attention to detail, and being data driven)
- Have a sound grasp of the engine product development cycle, and expertise in engine system and component specification, design, development and sign-off (using relevant tools)
- Demonstrate good project and supplier management skills, with good commercial awareness
- Be able to work well under pressure and to meet tight deadlines
- Demonstrate an ability to communicate clearly and concisely at all levels
- Show flexibility - the role requires travel to customer and supplier sites
- Be willing to contribute in a dynamic, collaborative, and cross-discipline team setting
Please contact James Tilley for more details on the Senior Fuel Systems Engineer role.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.