Senior Engineer (Engine Systems - Validation)
Salary: £45,000 - £54,000 (Depending on Experience)
Benefits: 12% Annual bonus, 25 Days Annual Leave, Pension and Share scheme.
** Flexible Working will be considered, including Job Share **
An opportunity has become available for a Senior Engineer aspiring to directly influence and validate the quality of current and future technologies, with the opportunity to play a key role within a world class engineering organisation and develop individual engineering competency to a more senior level.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a newly formed Systems Validation team, offering an opportunity to develop and validate innovative solutions to issues found on current product 4 and 6 cylinder global engine platforms ready for a wide variety of machine applications. This is a dynamic and high performing team which not only develops new data analysis techniques and big data tools, utilises these tools to proactively find potential issues, uses detailed engineering knowledge to quickly develop solutions, but also provides the validation foundation for all of our future engines from the early development stages through to final production.
To apply for this position you should have some of the following:
- Bachelors or Master's Degree in Engineering
- Self-starter with the ability to work with minimal instruction and provide technical support to others
- Knowledge of internal combustion engines
- Ability to communicate technical information effectively at all levels of the business
- Product validation (FMEA, DVP&R, Data analysis, Problem Solving)
- Diesel engine core performance and emissions
- Diesel engine aftertreatment specification and performance
- Product controls software development
- Extensive understanding of control algorithms and logic
- Experience of modelling complex systems, and the use of simulation tools to make confident predictions
- Knowledge of heavy duty machine applications
- Product sign-off and report documentation
- Extensive knowledge mathematics, data analysis, numerical modelling and statistics
- Experience of design of experiments, optimisation techniques and Robust engineering methods
Relocation assistance is available for this position.