Job Title: Senior Engineer - Engine Systems / Certification
Salary: £32 - 45/h (Depending on Experience)
Relocation/ Sponsorship: Not available with this role
Industry: Diesel Engines
A Senior Engineer - Engine Systems / Certification opportunity has become available for one of the world's leading manufacturers of off-highway machinery and diesel and natural gas engines.
As a Senior Engineer you will support the continuous evaluation of future engine platforms emissions conformance, documentation and issue resolution.
This includes: emissions compliance validation planning, generation and maintenance of certification documentation, provide support to issue resolution ensuring the emissions compliance is maintained, providing support to our Emissions Regulations and Conformance team with agency discussions.
If you enjoy working on a range of products throughout various stages of the product life cycle and supporting the resolution of complex engineering problems with limited information and you have are driven to win the right way, this job will be perfect for you.
Due to breadth of the role you will require experience in at least one of the following areas with a desire to learn and develop experience across the other areas of focus:
- Engine or vehicle homologation, certification and compliance
- Engine core performance and emissions
- Engine aftertreatment performance and aging effects
- Understanding of engine and aftertreatment controls or other complex control systems
- Product validation planning
- Product technical issue root cause and resolution, including 6Sigma
- Off high-way legislation
Required Qualifications or experience:
- Bachelors or Master's degree in Engineering, Mathematics or Sciences
- Ability to understand electronics and control system
- Knowledge of internal combustion engines
- Knowledge of heavy duty machine applications
- 6 sigma experience
- Product sign-off and report documentation
- Extensive knowledge mathematics, data analysis, numerical modelling and statistics
- Experience of design of experiments, optimisation techniques and Robust engineering methods
- Experience of Data Analytic tools (examples may include; NI DIAdem, Tableau, Vector CANape, MiniTab, Stat Ease DX9)
- Product validation (FMEA, DVP&R)
Please contact James Tilley for more details.