Senior Engineer (Engine Installation and Cooling)
Location - Peterlee, County Durham
As a Senior Design Engineer in Engine Installing and Cooling you will partner with, and provide technical guidance to global teams in the development of current and new products. You will contribute to the planning and delivery of projects, continually learn and stay abreast of innovative technology, mentor and coach team members, broaden your professional network.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Research, develop, and design machine concepts and layouts for Articulated Truck Engine Installation and Cooling.
- Lead projects, meet key dates in partnership with Engineering, multi-functional teams, global component and systems development teams, manufacturing, purchasing, suppliers, and logistics teams. A demonstrated ability to assemble and lead diverse teams, be accountable to deliver results on time.
- Continuously improve the product and department. Problem solve issues in current production and new programs by analysis and determination of underlying systems.
- Utilise and develop technical expertise, product knowledge to deliver programs using NPI process, have experience in, APQP, FMEA and Engineering Change workflow.
- Develop and lead innovation, efficiency improvement, manage cost and weight.
- Anticipates issues and takes appropriate action without being directed. Manage: priorities, design system tools, drawing release and Bill of Material. lead multiple projects simultaneously and to make sound priority decisions.
- Understand customer requirements and use that information to generate robust solutions/test plans to deliver customer value in a timely manner.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications - You will have;
- All rounder - Senior Engineer with experience of heat exchange / cooling systems
- Extensive Design Engineer experience showing FEA experience and problem-solving capability.
- Experience showing expertise in component and system design.
- Bachelor's Degree in an Engineering discipline OR equivalent experience as a Design Engineer.
- Previous experience in CAD design packages
- Demonstrable experience of problem solving design issues for current and/or NPI projects
- Strong communication skills - oral and written complemented by the ability to develop/deliver technical presentations. The ability to work in a diverse team environment with peers, managers, suppliers, dealers, & customers.
- The ability to effectively develop and manage multiple complex project plans, from concept to production and be accountable to deliver results on time.
- The ability to work in - and enjoy working in - a dynamic environment; adapting to and driving positivity and change.
- Initiative - a self-starter that requires minimal supervision.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications You may have;
- Extensive experience in Machine/Component Design, Analysis or Performance.
- Master Degree (or equivalent) in an accredited Engineering, Materials Science curriculum.
- Experience of Team Centre / Creo CAD.
- Demonstrated ability to assemble and lead diverse teams
Relocation assistance is available for this position. Sponsorship will not be supported.
For more information and to apply for this role please contact Rachel Meacham.