Senior Automotive Engineer
£36,000 to £40,000pa
An Automotive OEM currently has a number of opportunities available to join their Current Vehicle Engineering department. They are looking for highly motivated engineers across a broad range of disciplines including:
- Body Structures (castings, extrusions, composites, adhesives
- Vehicle Attribute Management (wind noise, water leaks and squeaks & rattles)
- Interior & Exterior Trim (Leather, bright-ware, seats, carpets)
- Functions including Electrical, Powertrain, Chassis, Exhaust & Fuel systems, HL&M, Safety, Engines
The role is also open as a development opportunity for someone who may wish to grow into the role from another area of the business / engineering background.
As an Senior Automotive Engineer you will be required to:
- Containment - Quickly identify and implement effective and robust containments to issues which arise on the assembly line, at the supplier or in the field.
- Problem resolution - Have a methodical approach to problem solving with an ability to react quickly to identify root cause. Experience in problem solving required, using 8D, G8D, PPS, 6 Sigma or similar.
- Feedback - Feedback concerns at various forums including Customer Perception audit, to all levels including VP's.
- Concern management & Engineering change - Manage all open concerns taking the appropriate action to contain and then implement a robust, cost effective permanent corrective action.
- DPV / RFT improvement
- Parts quality and supplier engineering requests (PPAP / SPAP and SREA Management) -
- Supplier support & investigations
- Setting standards
- Warranty analysis
- Process development
- Travel - Be willing to travel both within the UK and abroad.
The Senior Automotive Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Degree level qualified or equivalent experience
- Experience of practical problem solving (and a knowledge of PPS / 8D / G8D / 6 Sigma is beneficial)
- Good general knowledge of the mechanical architecture of a vehicle
- Working knowledge of a variety of component manufacturing process
- Worked in OEM or Tier 1 manufacturing environment (CVE / PVT / Plant Quality / STA)
- Experience of dealing with next tier suppliers & working as part of cross functional teams
- Understands CAD, technical drawings & drawing standards,
- Proficient in MS Office (Outlook, Excel, Word & Powerpoint)
- Full UK driving license
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high. If you have any questions about the Senior Automotive Engineer role or would like to apply, please contact Shannon Wade at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 889262