Senior Component Engineer
To £52,750 + package
Can you lead, influence and build relationships inside and across organisational boundaries whilst offering experience of component and system design, development and validation (including the use of APQP and FMEA to define and execute robust DVP&Rs)? The position will require you to provide focused engineering leadership and successfully deliver of a number of projects that are critical to the business, driving teamwork between multiple functions.
Projects and duties could include:
- Creation and delivery of cost reduction via a combination of design change, supplier re-source and negotiation
- Problem resolution in the production environment
- Resolution of field quality issues
- Delivery of compliant parts to RoHS (Restriction of Hazardous Substances)
- You will be challenged with coordinating, planning and ensure the execution of engineering changes and associated validation activities. You and the team that you will lead should collaborate closely with Purchasing, Manufacturing, Logistics, and Product Support teams
- Lead and execute planned engineering activities to achieve the time, cost and quality goals, utilising the Engineering workflow and APQP processes
- Assess quality and compliance risk and make technical decisions
- Prioritise and resolve conflicting activities
- Communication of project progress to Technical Lead and Managers from your own and other business functions
- Oversee, review and maintain project plans
- Develop risk mitigation and contingency plans
Though not essential it is desired that the Senior Component Engineer will come from an Engine Development background, other desires include;
- Proven project management and prioritisation skills.
- Either an Engineering degree (Mechanical, Materials, Automotive or similar) or a good level of practical experience in an engineering environment.
- Emphasis on initiative and self-starting tasks.
- Ability to work with suppliers to develop cost effective solutions.
- Strong analytical skills and problem-solving capabilities (8D)
If keen to learn more about this position, please don't hesitate to contact Grant Nisbet for further discussions