£26.00 - £30.00 per annum
over 1 year ago
Senior CAD Engineer - Fuel Systems - Wellesbourne
Aston Martin is built upon the passion, skill and creativity of the people who dedicate their working lives to the most iconic brand in the world. Every intricate stitch, beautifully expressed line, and the stirring noise of our engines is a manifestation of the desire and collective spirit to create the most beautiful cars: the soul of Aston Martin made real.
To provide CAD designs of future Aston Martin powertrains.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- Create package schemes using NX and TCE to corporate requirements.
- Detail components to Aston Martin Lagonda drafting standards for release.
- Support engineers with information for part procurement activities.
- Support Programme and Powertrain Checkpoints, Design reviews, Package Meetings & Powertrain Programme Module Team meetings where required.
- Support/ Assist engineers in the resolution of Engineering Concerns including ensuring CAD information is available and transferred to the supplier in a timely manner. Advising relevant engineer or programme manager if data is likely to be late.
- Willingness to work with a challenging, multi-project environment.
- Excellent time management and self-discipline for on-time releases.
Qualifications and Experience
- An appropriate Engineering Degree or equivalent relevant qualification.
- Undertake in-house and external training in relevant topics as required in line with Internship or education.
- Become competent with NX and Team Centre Engineering, to enable contribution to programmes ongoing within Aston Martin or their associates.
- Preferably an extensive number of years experience gained within the Automotive Industry
- Basic knowledge of mechanical design for manufacture including castings, hoses, machining, moulding, and fabrication.
- Previous experience of automotive engineering trough Formulae student or automotive hobbies.
- Basic drafting and design standards would be beneficial.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Good PC skills (MS Office including preparation of Power Point presentations).
- Current Driving licence & subject to satisfactory medical checks, willingness to support vehicle appraisals would be beneficial but not essential.
- A flexible attitude to the range of systems is required and the ability to support multiple programmes with demanding time constraints.
- An interest and knowledge of engine and supporting systems.
- Self-motivated and able to progress several designs in parallel.
- Willing to deliver good quality, complete CAD models to tight timescales.
Demand for this job will be high, so apply asap by contacting Ray Greenman by email over the holiday period.