Senior Engineer - CAD Data Coordinator and Packaging
Salary Range: £26 - £28 p/h
Location: Gaydon, Warwickshire
A Senior Engineer - CAD Data Coordinator and Packaging is required with knowledge of engineering process and a working knowledge of industry standard tool sets.
Our client a large automotive OEM based in Gaydon requires a Senior Engineer - CAD Data Coordinator and Packaging with extensive experience of CAD packages for a new contract role. As a Senior Engineer - CAD Data Coordinator and Packaging you will be required to:
- Manage CAD data integrity, supporting the CAD team to meet process requirement.
- Assess and advise on CAD data levels to ensure robust preparation for Virtual and Physical vehicle builds.
- Advise on package feasibility of design proposals to enable generation of viable concepts.
- Generate 2D and 3D CAD under the technical guidance of the relevant Commodity Engineer.
- Control data transfer to and from suppliers, importing and verifying data quality.
- Schedule workload entering the CAD team and ensure completion to agreed dates.
The Senior Engineer - CAD Data Coordinator and Packaging should have the following skills or experience:
- Engineering HNC / HND with extensive relevant industry experience.
- Engineering degree or equivalent qualification.
- Must have extensive experience in a relevant CAD package with experience on NX.
- Should have extensive experience in the automotive industry.
- Should have experience of data coordination tasks.
- Must have extensive experience of using Teamcenter for data management and virtual verification.
- Must be able to work within teams effectively.
- Must be able to generate and modify 2D and 3D NX CAD models in line with corporate standards.
- Must be able to project manage to deliver required attributes to budget and on time.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must possess an engineering mind-set and logical approach to problem solving.
- Must be able to manage large workloads in a high-pressure environment and prioritise accordingly.
- Proactive approach to supporting virtual builds, identifying and resolving issues.
- Ability to analyse and validate supplier data and identify issues.
- Must be able to work under their own initiative with minimum supervision to deliver objectives.
- Would ideally have experience of leading teams in a CAD environment, and scheduling workloads.
- Should have a good understanding of engineering process and a working knowledge of industry standard tool sets.
- Good understanding of working with Design Studio processes.
- A successful candidate must hit the ground running within a well-established team under significant daily pressure of work.
- The candidate must show strong character attributes as well as the necessary knowledge and experience above.
- The best candidate will be open-minded and lateral thinking in the face of stiff timing and product targets.
- The candidate must be proactive and trust their initiative whilst requiring minimum supervision to produce practical solutions.
- The successful candidate should be prepared to travel when necessary to fulfil this role.
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with extensive experience of using Teamcenter to develop your career. In return for your experience, this Gaydon based automotive company will offer you:
- Salary of £26.00 - £28.00 p/h
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high. If you have any questions about the Senior Engineer - CAD Data Coordinator and Packaging role or would like to apply, please contact Shannon Wade at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 889262.