Senior Engineer - Body Test
£35,000 - £40,000
A Senior Engineer - Body Test is required with knowledge of engineering problem solving.
This company based in Gaydon requires a Senior Engineer - Body Test with hand on testing experience (body systems/ sub-systems & components) for a new permanent role.
As a Senior Engineer - Body Test you will be required to:
- Participate in the engineering design from targets through development to sign-off & production
- Support Design reviews from target settings through to development of production parts
- Organise both in-house & out-source testing (liaise with suppliers, organise & follow-up component procurement, organise test planning & manage test method specification)
- Support/Execute component, sub-system, system & whole vehicle tests
- Communicate/Present test results & support technical reviews
- Write/Archive test reports & deviations
- Raise concerns where necessary
- Develop corrective solutions
- Attend Programme Module Sub Team meetings & advise on upcoming changes
- Generate new concept ideas
- Source or fabricate pre-prototype/development parts
- Participate in benchmarking activities to support design & target setting
- Design & build test rigs
- Update current test methods, write new test methods
The Senior Engineer - Body Test should have the following skills or experience:
- Engineering Degree (or equivalent qualification) - Automotive or Mechanical Engineering preferred
- Experience of hands on testing (body systems, sub-systems & components)
- Experience of using NX, Team Centre and Vis Mock-up would be beneficial
- Experience gained within Automotive industry (experience within other engineering sectors will also be considered)
- Experience in Engineering problem resolving (for example body components, structures & systems)
- Pragmatic hands-on problem solving
- Data recording, analysis & report writing
- Technical & practical workshop skills (build of rigs, use of CAD drawings, GD&T)
- Excellent communication skills: Able to communicate ideas clearly & concisely
- Ability to manage multiple demands on time & priorities
- Excellent analytical & systematic approach to problem solving
- Ability to take decisions that minimise engineering risk in a solution
- The successful candidate must be able to learn quickly and integrate into a successful and dynamic team, offering strong character attributes as well as the necessary knowledge and experience above.
- The best candidate will be open-minded and lateral thinking in the face of stiff timing and product targets.
- The successful candidate should be able to exhibit creative problem solving ability and commitment to meet stretch targets. The candidate must be proactive and trust their initiative with minimum supervision to produce practical solutions.
- Clear understanding of deadlines and timing plans based on new vehicle project timing. Particularly Programme Start, Programme Strategy Confirmation, Programme Targets Confirmation, Final Data Judgement and Final Engineering Complete gateways.
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with knowledge of body system design to develop your career. In return for your experience, this Gaydon based automotive company will offer you:
- £35,000 - £40,000
If you have any questions about the Senior Engineer - Body Test role or would like to apply, please contact Tina Field at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 889259