Senior Engineer - Body Structures Launch - SSD077
Salary Range: £35,000 - £40,000 Per Annum
Location: Gaydon, Warwickshire
A Senior Engineer - Body Structures Launch is required with experience of Cost & Attribute Target setting and managing jobs from start to finish.
This company based in Gaydon requires a Senior Engineer - Body Structures Launch with experience of working with Suppliers to deliver fully approved parts via AQP/Production Part Approval Process for a new permanent role.
As a Senior Engineer - Body Structures Launch you will be required to carry out the following tasks:
- Ensure timely resolution of issues, establishment of containments and determination of root cause through effective collaboration with the cross-functional team.
- Work with the Platform & Applications Engineers to ensure permanent corrective actions are planned and delivered on-time.
- Where appropriate, and in agreement with Lead Platform Engineer, raise engineering change documentation and coordinate all aspects of the change.
- Ensure Production Part Approval Process progression is on-track for Underframe, Body In White & Closures components to achieve Gateway deliverables on-time. This will require close collaboration with the Engineers responsible for these parts as well as direct involvement with Suppliers, Purchasing & New Model Programme Team
- Generate status reports and attend key launch meetings (i.e. daily start-up, wash-up and gateway reviews with senior team) as required and agreed with the Launch Manager.
- Ensure Lessons Learnt are feedback into Programmes and Platform Teams at the appropriate gateways.
The Senior Engineer - Body Structures Launch should have the following skills or experience:
- Degree level in Engineering or equivalent relevant experience.
- Experience gained within Automotive Industry.
- Experience in one or more of these areas: Underbody, Body In White, Closures, Functional Trim
- Experience of Cost & Attribute Target settings
- Experience of working with Suppliers to deliver fully approved parts via AQP/Production Part Approval Process
- Able to clearly present information to all levels in the organisation.
- Experience of using a milestone delivery process within the Automotive Industry.
- Focused, highly motivated, results orientated, who works well under pressure and can work to a given deadline.
- Able to lead team members with varying personalities and motivations in an effective manner.
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with knowledge of chassis materials to develop your career. In return for your experience, this Gaydon based automotive company will offer you:
- £35,000 - £40,000
If you have any questions about the Senior Engineer - Body Structures Launch role or would like to apply, please contact Shannon Wade at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 889262