An experienced Senior Engineer - Attribute Team is required to join a company who design and manufacture state of the art products for a global market.
The Senior Engineer will act as the Product Attribute Team lead (PAT) for Environmental Control within out Automotive business.
- Have the ability to understand the overall vehicle concept and contribute to the design/development of the cabin Environmental Control systems to ensure that attribute performance is delivered
- Interpret/interrogate simulation and modelling analyses delivered by CAE engineers and work closely with the other engineering disciplines to ensure that system performance expectations are met.
- Develop and perform test plans and methods for simulation and solution validation (DVP development).
- Conduct vehicle-level tests to assess benchmark competitor and current design performance
- Where applicable, conduct vehicle-level certification tests to conform to relevant homologation requirements
- Communicate clearly and effectively the results to a broad spectrum of project members and senior management, reporting executive summaries and KPI status at project milestones
- Challenge and develop Dyson engineering practices to continuously improve efficiency. Demonstrate clear presentation of technical information and supporting documentation to ensure accurate transfer to other teams within Dyson.
- Minimum BSc/MSc/BEng/MEng degree (2:1 or better) in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent Engineering degree
- Demonstrable level of industrial experience in automotive attribute development, with respect to HVAC/thermal management systems
Technical knowledge and expertise:
- Vehicle attribute management/development, conducting benchmark testing, target definition and system performance assessment
- Executive-level reporting; KPI tracking and status, risk reporting, target development glidepaths and plans
- Experience with thermal measurement systems electronics, and sensors - selecting and implementing
- Appreciation of other engineering disciplines such fluid dynamics and thermodynamics.
- Awareness of vehicle-level homologation requirements for Demist and Defrost
Test and Validation:
- Knowledge of vehicle-level Design Validation Plan (DVP) development and implementation, with focus on test planning and preparation
- Capable of developing test procedures and detailed methods, ensuring that tests are robust and repeatable (gauge R&R, SixSigma, etc) for the purpose of detailed data acquisition and simulation validation.
- Experienced in running, operating, or leading vehicle-level demist & defrost tests in full-scale climatic chambers
- Experience in running vehicle-level certification tests to meet homologation requirements
- Proficient in test data interpretation and analysis, both live and post-processed
To apply for this role please contact Rachel Meacham.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.