£47k - 50k per year
over 1 year ago
Senior Engineer - Fixing & Joining
£47,500pa - £50,000pa
We require a proactive Senior Engineer with experience of fixing and joining processe to work within our industry leading Vehicle Integration team, you'll be working on exciting vehicle projects from inception to production. Working within a highly skilled and supportive team, you'll support the research and advanced engineering developments of new joining and mechanical fixing technology.
Day-to-day responsibilities include;
- Horizon scan and benchmark new joining and fixings technology
- Identify and implement solutions to delivering new Sports Car architecture for body and chassis
- Undertake detailed joining and mechanical fixing test and characterisation programmes
- Develop project activity and timing plans to deliver new technology
Qualifications and Experience:
- Strong knowledge and application of Mechanics of materials
- Teamcenter and/or SmarTeam experience
- CAD experience
- Knowledge of joining and fixing technologies and their test and development
- Strong communicator
- Highly motivated to seek solutions
- Green/ Black Belt qualifications
- Experience following joining technologies (self piercing riveting, resistance spot welding, adhesive and laser or fusion welding)
- New technology introduction to new vehicle programmes for Body or Closures
- Experience in Research and Technology maturation process
In return for your skills this company has an excellent salary and package on offer, interest for this role will no doubt be high so applicants should apply direct to this advert or contact Katharine Bignell at Jonathan Lee for further information.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.