Senior Engineer – Permanent – Basingstoke – Defence and Security Systems
A Senior Engineer is required for a Defence and Security Systems company that has an international customer base. The Senior Engineer will assume a Lead Role in the design, development and testing of products and capabilities for the organisation providing engineering leadership and ensuring engineering processes are accurate and up to date in order to enable the production and delivery is on time.
The Senior Engineer will report directly to the Head of Operations and this role is an ideal opportunity for the right candidate that is ready to take the lead technically and make a real difference to the company with exciting things planned.
As the Senior Engineer you will be required to:
- Interact with internal and external customers on a technical level
- Have a deep understanding, and provide engineering leadership on all products
- Design and develop Software, Hardware and System Solutions
- Capture customer requirements as necessary
- Ensure all products have the technical documentation suitable to the product line
- Maintain and/or create technical documentation required for manufacture
- Ensure all technical drawings are available or created for production items
- Manage the BOMs and items on MRP System
- Manage and action all Engineering Change Requests
- Provide engineering input into Marketing, Bid and Sales activities
- Create engineering and technical reports for customers and audits as required
- Work with Project / Product teams as necessary
- Ensure that the technical criteria for Design Certification is achieved
- Ensure that Verification and Qualification activities are conducted as required
- Provide engineering and technical input into proposals and commercial activities
The Senior Engineer should have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- Educated to Degree/HND level or equivalent in a related engineering discipline
- Electronics engineering from a hardware and software design and development perspective is essential
- Technical drawing experience with an electronics related package.
- A background within an Electronics/Systems assembly & test environment an advantage
- Radio Frequency (RF) and or Sensors expertise is desirable
- Knowledge of ERP and MRP systems is desirable
- Configuration Management experience is desirable
- Good knowledge and experience of the Microsoft Office Suite
**Security Clearance will be required for this role and therefore only applications from candidates able to obtain or already hold this will be considered**
For more information on this role please contact Tom Duckett at Jonathan Lee recruitment.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.