Job title: Senior Engine Tester
Salary Range: Up to £34.59
Location: Wolverhampton and Whitley
The Senior Engine Tester will join a department responsible for the development and introduction of new and modified processes and facilities associated with new model introductions and model year changes, within Assembly & Test.
You will become a key part of the Engine Test team, working closely with product development engineers, facility vendors and suppliers to ensure that test meet world class quality and efficiency standards. Engine Testing covers Dynamometer Testing, Hot Run, Cold Test and In Process Test Equipment.
To apply for this Senior Engine Tester position you should MOST of the following:
- Capability to lead a small team and to govern and direct supplier activities to meet project deadlines and objectives.
- Understanding of Engine Dynamometer Testing with previous experience in a heavy engineering environment.
- Operational capability to support and manage operational business requirements.
- Must have experience in using Microsoft Excel to interpret data and MS Project.
- Previous experience with the following software considered beneficial: AVL PUMA, AVL Concerto, MiniTab, Diagra, INCA.
- Ability to read and interpret Piping and Instrumentation Drawings and Schematics.
- Understanding of instrumentation for Pressure, Temperature and Flow Control.
- Understanding of air flow within an Engine Test Bed environment.
- Ability to work alongside the operations team to assist in mechanical and electrical fitting an advantage.
- Understanding and direct previous experience of Internal Combustion Engine Cold Test Cells.
- Understanding of In Process Test Systems for Engine Assembly, including Torque to Turn and Leak Test Stations for Cylinder Blocks and Heads.
- Experience with COSHH management systems & Potential Atex Environments.
- Previous experience with designing process systems for Diesel and or Petrol and advantage.
Unfortunately candidates requiring visa sponsorship CANNOT be considered for this Senior Engine Tester role. To apply you MUST have either an EU/UK passport or a Visa that does not require sponsorship.
Please contact James Tilley for details.