A Senior Energy Project Officer is required to assist and support the effective delivery of regional energy generation projects and low carbon programmes as part of the Midlands Local Capacity Support Scheme.
This post will be based in Dudley and you will be required to formulate and deliver on energy related initiatives, that access relevant funding and parcel together imaginative and creative energy schemes. Developing and implementing such schemes will involve working alongside key public and private sector partners, including Central Government. This position will be based on an initial 2 year fixed term contract and will manage the day to day operation of the Local Enterprise Partnership (LEP) element of the Local Capacity Support programme.
There are a number of key duties and responsibilities required for this role to include:
- Develop energy project funds and develop and maintain energy generation projects. Agreeing loans, keeping processes, procedures and evidence up to date, assessing and reporting performance, ensuring accuracy of recharging and complying with data capture requirements are all vital to the position.
- Carry out energy project assessments and utilise wider team expertise to generate compelling business cases.
- Identify energy project potential within your LEP area, working with stakeholders to identify viable schemes and associated business cases for investment.
- Lead on the design and specification of improvements to building energy infrastructure and supervise the installation of work on site.
- Provide detailed performance reporting.
- Gathering and evaluation of data and preparing a range of energy use and performance reports for building users.
- Assist in preparing the specification and tender documents for tender processes associated with new energy projects and programmes.
- Manage energy projects through to completion and ensure conditions of associated funds are met.
This exciting opportunity will be reporting in to the Regional Energy Projects Manager and you'll be part of a regional energy projects team for the West and East Midlands, forming the 'Hub' for which energy projects and programmes can be developed and delivered.
As the Senior Energy Project Officer you will require the following skills and experiences:
- Experience of working in an energy projects function and engaging with other service areas such as finance, property, maintenance and transport.
- Strong analytical and reporting skills to identify anomalous data and discover the reasons driving change.
- An understanding of legal and financial issues surrounding the delivery of energy efficiency projects.
- Provision of clear, concise reports and advice to clients and senior departmental managers, and to respond direct to members in respect of carbon and energy management matters.
- Knowledge, skills and experience in energy, carbon management, negotiation and provision of advice on all types of property.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be involved with the strategic framework for energy investment across your LEP area. In return our client can offer a salary of £28,221pa, benefits package plus flexible working opportunities. If you would like to discuss this opportunity further then please call 01384 397555 and ask for Les Hines or email your CV .