- Sector: Advanced Technology
- Function: Powertrain
- Contact: Paul Robson
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 01384 446117
- Expiry Date: 20 May 2022
- Job Ref: 61487
Senior Electronics Engineer – Milton Keynes - £ Highly Competitive DOE
Our client is a highly regarded engineering consultancy, that has pioneered the application of high performance electric drives across a range of high technology sectors, notably in the automotive and motorsport arena. They are now expanding their development teams and require a high-calibre and ambitious electronics engineer, to contribute to the research and development of their award-winning advanced drive systems.
As Senior Electronics Engineer – You will be required to
- Act as a technical leader for the design, development and manufacture of electronic sub-assemblies.
- Specification and Requirements capture according to process and industry design standards.
- Support hardware architecture development, with complete Schematic capture and PCB design.
- Support device selection relating to Microcontrollers and FPGAs
- Support design reviews of electronics/software projects.
- Preparation and release of component specifications, Bill of Materials and drawings.
- Liaising with suppliers to ensure suitable technical specifications are met and timely manufacture of development/prototype parts.
- Carry out testing and verification of power electronics devices and assemblies.
- Carry out investigation and resolution of development, launch and ongoing quality issues involving electronic assemblies.
- Implement engineering change requests and maintain detailed design records.
- Preparation and review of electronic design documentation.
- Support technical mentoring and development of power electronics team.
- Applicants are also encouraged from people with relevant experience, for more junior roles within this growing department.
As Senior Electronics Engineer – You will be
- Degree qualified in Electrical or Electronic Engineering discipline as a minimum
- Have proven microprocessor and FPGA implementation experience
- Knowledge of analogue and digital circuit design, and simulation of electronic circuitry (Preferably with LTSpice).
- Experience of automotive communication protocols and hardware (Flexray, CAN, CAN-FD, LIN)
- Strong first principles approach with experience delivering tolerance and lifetime calculation
- Failure mode avoidance experience with demonstrable knowledge of associated processes such as DFMEA and FTA
- Knowledge of best practice approaches for design in accordance with global EMC standards
- A competent user of schematic capture and PCB design tools (Preferably with Altium Designer)
- Have knowledge of electrified vehicle architectures & platforms.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with strong influencing and engagement skills
Suitably qualified and experienced candidates should apply today by contacting Paul Robson at Jonathan Lee Recruitment +44(0)1384 446146 or by emailing their CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.