- Sector: Electronics & Embedded
- Function: Product design and development
- Contact: Tom Duckett
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 01384 446163
- Duration: permanent
- Start Date: ASAP
- Expiry Date: 23 June 2022
- Job Ref: 60506
A Senior Electronics Engineer is required to join the electrical and electronics team of an established West Midlands based company that specialise in the development of precision commercial and retail weighing equipment.
The Senior Electronics Engineer will be responsible for technical leadership and developing hardware concepts through to detailed circuit designs, PCB layouts and electrical test and development.
The Senior Electrical/Electronics Engineer will be part of an experienced product development team designing and supporting the production implementation of electronic weighing equipment, locker systems and other associated equipment.
Senior Electronics Engineer - Key Responsibilities
- Component selection and circuit design/capture using Altium
- Developing from concept through to a product hardware architecture.
- Design and development/test for EMC/RFI
- Partnering with manufacturing, vendors, and suppliers to develop components for prototype devices or systems, meeting cost targets for the project
- Electrical/electronic prototyping (bench skills).
- Working with sales/marketing on spec development.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience required for the Senior Electronics Engineer
- Bachelor's degree in Electronic Engineering or equivalent is preferred although a candidate with a HND and strong experience will be considered.
- Significant experience in schematic capture and PCB layout using an appropriate software such a Altium, Eagle or OrCAD etc.
- Knowledge of EMC / RFI design and test.
- Proven experience in a technical leadership electronics / hardware design role.
- Must be a good team player with excellent communication skills and possess the ability to interact with cross functional teams.
A preference will be given to candidates that have experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Circuit Capture
- Circuit Design
- Component selection
- Knowledge of BS EN62368 and electronic standards.
- EMC and RFI Test
- Altium / Eagle / OrCAD / Proteus/ ECAD
This is an excellent opportunity an electronics specialist to develop their career and work in an established business with a reputation for integrity and precision. In return for your experience, this West Midlands based company will offer you:
- Enhanced pension scheme.
- 26 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Competitive salary.
- Free parking
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.