Above Industry Standard
9 months ago
Job role: Senior Electronics Engineer
Location: Hertfordshire, commutable from Stevenage, Cambridge, Royston, Bedford, Luton, Harlow, Chelmsford, Braintree, Huntingdon
Salary: Above Industry Standard
Industry: Aerospace & Defence
Jonathan Lee Recruitment has engaged with a key client and a world leading technology consultancy where engineers and scientists collaborate to invent, design and develop new products and technologies. Due to business growth and new exciting projects, my client looking for an experienced hands-on Electronics Engineer to join an agile, multidisciplinary team working primarily on cutting edge technology in the Defence and Aerospace sector.
As the Senior Electronics Engineer, your role and the work in this area addresses the continuously evolving threats and challenges faced by the UK defence and protection forces, and technology can be the critical difference that provides the winning edge. Example application areas include commercial avionics, air traffic control systems, electronic warfare, radar, sonar, and data protection. System challenges can involve high speed electronics, machine vision, FPGAs, low-noise analogue and data capture systems, alongside fluidics and optics.
The team works with a range of clients and partner organisations, including the UK Ministry of Defence, prime system integrators and SMEs to offer innovative solutions across the product and technology life cycle.
- You will be very bright with a strong academic background in Electronic engineering or equivalent
- You will have demonstrated your electronic design and development skills with at least 3 years' experience
- This is a client facing role, working in multi-disciplinary teams so you will need effective communication skills
- We develop innovative solutions for clients so strong experimental and problem-solving skills are essential
- We look for talented all-rounders but you will need a solid grounding in at least some of the following: Complex/high-speed digital electronic design; FPGA firmware (i.e. VHDL/Verilog); RF and/or microwave electronics (possibly including antennas); Embedded software; Algorithm development (e.g. machine learning, target tracking, or data fusion); Analogue electronics; Power electronics
- Applicants must be able to hold a UK security clearance (must be a British Citizen with no dual citizenship.
We pay competitive salaries, which we regularly benchmark and review. We also offer a valuable set of benefits including a 12% pension contribution, profit related bonus, and enhanced share ownership scheme. We also offer an environment that encourages you to pursue exciting technical opportunities and build a career that matches your highest aspirations.
Sound interesting? Please contact Daniel Warby at Jonathan Lee Recruitment for further information and apply!
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.