Job Title: Senior Electronics Engineer
Location: Rocester, Staffordshire
Overview of the Role:
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Electronics Engineer (or Senior, experience dependant) to join the Engineering team of the world's number 1 manufacturer of Backhoe Loaders. Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the successful candidate will join a highly focussed passionate team, working on exciting new programmes to both maintain and extend the Backhoe market penetration.
Your Responsibilities as an Electronics / Senior Electronics Engineer:
Depending on your level and experience, your main duties would include:
* Design/development of vehicle control systems including, ECU's, comms networks, displays, etc
* Analysis/calculations of performance levels for safety related parts of control systems (SRP/CS)
* Ensuring components/software meet internal/external standards/requirements as necessary
* Authoring of requirements specifications, test specifications, reports, user manuals, etc
* Intuitive user interface design
* Liaising with internal/external customers/departments, as required
The ideal candidate should possess the following:
- Degree/HND in electronic engineering, computer science or a similar subject
- An understanding of control system logic and an appreciation of functional safety
- Experience of CANbus design, development and testing
- Familiarity with off highway electronic control systems and machine electrical/electronic systems
- Experience diagnosing and rectifying faults with electrical circuits and control systems on/off vehicles
- Strong communication skills and be comfortable working independently and as a member of a team
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic, coupled with a sense of urgency
- Experience of the C programming language
- Experience of developing control system algorithms using model based design tools
- Familiarity with off highway vehicles, driveline and hydraulic systems
- Experience working with ISO 15998, ISO 26262 or IEC 61508 safety standards
What's in it for You?
To say thank you for your hard work, we will work with you to support your career progression and development. We will also provide a competitive salary, company pension scheme, medical insurance and dental care schemes, access to the company's healthy living centre and 33 days annual leave.
If you are interested in this role please APPLY NOW. For more information, please contact Lois Weston at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384446119.