Senior Automotive Electronics Engineer - 52239
Salary - Open Rate
A Senior Electronics Engineer is required with experience in electrical or electronic systems.
This leading Automotive company based in Basildon requires a Senior Electronics Engineer experience with design verification and sign off testing for a new contract role. As a Senior Electronics Engineer you will be required to:
- Deliver electronics technologies for current and future vehicle programs globally
- Develop product definition, assumptions and targets with Marketing, Program Planning and Program Management
- Lead engineering tasks to support GPDS program milestones and gateways: design, develop, release and test content to meet specification requirements and program targets (time, costs, weight, quality).
- Source and project manage component suppliers leading Team of Four with Purchasing, Finance and Cost Estimating
- Ensure correct requirements capture and understand detailed technical specifications.
- Support software processes, CAN message lists, signal database development and system compatibility
- Plan and coordinate Design Verification and sign-off testing to support / gateways
- Support prototype builds and production launches at vehicle assembly plants.
- Support manufacturing, diagnostics and EOL compatibility
- Lead investigations to resolve test failures, Voice of Customer issues and quality concerns.
- Support EESE PMT meetings, monitor delivery performance and conduct weekly status report-outs to management
- Use lessons learnt, quality data, FMA tools and disciplines to continually improve components and systems
The Senior Electronics Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Experience in electrical or electronic systems, hardware and/or software
- Demonstrate the application and deployment of engineering quality tools (FMA, DFMEA, 8D, 6-Sigma, APQP, PPAP)
- Excellent knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook and other PC based applications.
- Project management skills with a thorough attention to detail.
- Able to demonstrate initiative, perseverance, and liaison skills.
- Relevant Automotive or Engineering degree
If you have any questions about the Senior Electronics Engineer role or would like to apply, please contact Shannon Wade at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 889262.
Unfortunately candidates requiring visa sponsorship CANNOT be considered for this role. To apply you MUST have either an EU/UK passport or a Visa that does not require sponsorship