Senior Electronics Design Engineer
Up to £35.00 per hour LTD
Desford - Leicestershire
Off Highway - Electrical Design
A Senior Electronics Design Engineer is required to work for one of the world's leading manufacturers of off-highway machinery and diesel and natural gas engines.
The primary responsibility for this position will be to work closely with supervisors, project team leaders and other development team partners to develop and maintain machine electrical systems. This will include placing components, and routing harnesses.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Electrical System Design using TeamCenter, Creo, Vis Mockup, EDS
- Software tools shall include Creo Schematics, Pro/DIAGRAM and Pro/CABLING
- Evaluate new products, processes, or systems
- Communicate results to customers, suppliers, team members, and other business units
To apply for this position you should have some of the following:
- Bachelor degree (or equivalent) in an accredited Engineering, Computer Science, or Materials Science curriculum.
- Modelling in CREO - Harness modelling and referencing, creating a 3D model of the harness, referencing it and packing in the wires to the harness. Creating assembly group with this as well.
- Skills in TeamCenter unified ideally - but if it's the older version then its fine, older version is enterprise - day to day, checking in and out work, moving designs through the flow process, when they do a design they will check it in and out, move it on to someone else.
- Hands-on practical technical experience and a good appreciation of associated vehicle sub-systems such as hydraulics, engines and transmissions…especially in a high-velocity, high-volume environment are also strongly desired.
- Direct experience of designing, developing, troubleshooting and introducing electrical and electronics components and systems in mobile applications is essential.
Please contact James Tilley for more details.