£42.9k per year
Job title: Senior / Hardware Engineer (Power Supply)
Department: Drive Technology Department
Hours of work: 37 hours a week
Working hours: Hours: 9:00 – 18:00 Mon -Thurs and 09:00 -15:00 on a Fri (1hour unpaid lunch).
You will be responsible for semiconductor gate drive technology research and product development including SMPS, gate drive circuit and measurement circuit design, simulation, analysis and verification.
TEIC is a great place to work with opportunities for professional and personal development. Our benefits include:
- 25 days holiday + 8 bank holidays
- Holiday allowance increase with length of service
- Bupa healthcare
- Free on site car parking
- Free lunch Monday to Friday
- Contributory Pension
- Life assurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Company sick pay
- Professional Membership fees paid e.g. CIPD, IEEE
- Family Friendly policies
- An Independent 24-hour confidential counseling service
- In charge of power supply architecture design and detailed SMPS design for the whole converter’s control electronics including digital ICs, analog sensors, isolated gate drivers etc. for automotive application
- Hardware circuit concept design, detailed design, schematic and PCB design and review according to specification
- Hardware design analysis/simulation or such as DFMEA, De-rating/stress Analysis, worst case analysis, tolerance, thermal etc.
- Hardware circuit verification and validation, test specification and report document definition and review
- Functional Safety compliant design activities such as TSR definition and safety analysis (FMEDA, FTA)
- Provision of requirements input for design, analysis, simulation, and testing.
- Provision of input for the generation of technical specifications, proposals and other documentations
- Ability to present constructive ideas to both customers and internal teams
- Ability to conduct speculative research on certain technical issues
- Actively corporate with other colleagues, organize meetings to discuss critical issues, update and progress in time with the awareness of timeline
- Support functional safety engineer to evaluate functional safety performance of the hardware
- To maintain effective working relationship with core members, guarantee efficient circulation of technical information among departments
- Actively communicate with external suppliers, universities, research institutes and clients, keep in line with the cutting-edge technology and future trending technology
Core Skills and Education
- Bachelors/ Master/PhD’s degree in one of the following subjects; physics, power electronics, electrical and electronic engineering
- At least 4 years(Principle or Senior) hardware development working experience in automotive Tier 1 or 2 supplier or OEM
- Familiar with automotive electronic hardware design process and standards
- Knowledge about different isolated and non-isolated SMPS topologies such as full bridge, half bridge, push pull, boost/buck/buck-boost, and ability to select proper topology w.r.t requirements.
- SMPS fed from LV and HV line design experience
- SMPS design experience
- EMC filter design experience
- One or more hardware design analysis experience such as DFMEA, De-rating/stress Analysis, Worst case analysis
- Magnetic and other passive component design and specification definition knowledge and experience
- Electronic component selection: good interpretation capability of component datasheets, knowledgeable and experienced to select the most appropriate component
- Hardware safety analysis experience per ISO26262 part 5 such as FMEDA, FTA
- Familiar with reliability prediction and analysis standard such as IEC 61709-2017, IEC_TR_62380-2004, SN 29500
- Cadence Orcad/Allegro use experience
- PCB design experience with good knowledge of trade off considering function, heat dissipation, EMC, insolation, cost control and manufacturability
If you are interested in this opportunity please apply now
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.