Senior Electrical Engineer
Based in Central London, our Client is seeking a Senior Electrical Engineering, support someone who has extensive experience of delivering residential/mixed-use projects with detailed knowledge of low carbon technologies and sustainable design.
The role will provide the selected candidate with an opportunity to become an integral part of our Clients' successful MEP and Sustainability Team. Core responsibilities will include:
- Managing projects, quality standards and mentoring and managing junior members of the team
- Day-to-day management of projects including client management, team resources, design deliverables and business development.
The culture in our Clients' team is to be a trusted client advisor, selected for our professional quality service, enthusiasm, and expertise in the built environment.
The candidate is expected to be conscientious, enthusiastic, well organised, and professional. They must provide a constant positive influence on the team, encourage others and lead by example.
The candidate is expected to be proactive with developing their own and others knowledge, while driving standards and quality throughout the team.
- Manage and deliver a wide range of projects including residential, mixed-use, commercial, industrial, and educational.
- Attend meetings with clients and multidisciplinary design teams as the MEP project lead.
- Develop and present project design proposals to the project team and client.
- Undertake project surveys including site inspections, stock condition, refurbishment, and post-occupancy performance evaluations.
- Prepare high quality information including technical specifications, designs, drawings, equipment schedules, survey reports, and contract documentation.
- Develop new and repeat business.
- Maintain regular contact with all clients.
- Monitor and review junior staff performance.
- Continue to improve your own and the team's technical knowledge.
- Report resource information to senior group managers.
- Hold a bachelor's degree or higher in engineering or building services engineering.
- Proven experience in a similar consultancy role.
- Extensive experience of delivering residential and mixed-use projects with low carbon technologies.
- Detailed knowledge of low carbon and sustainable design and London Plan Energy Policy.
- Hold/working towards membership with relevant industry body (CIBSE, IMechE, IET).
- Performance Requirements/Objectives:
- Daily, provide support and advice to staff, deal with client related issues and provide professional services as required.
- Each month ensure that project and team progress reports are completed and report to the group Partners.
- Maintain high standards of professionalism at all times.
- Mange projects effectively and to the satisfaction of the client and M&E Partners.
- Maintain high quality project records and information.
- Attend group meetings.
- Assist in the performance and development reviews of junior staff.
Our Clients' Vision:
To be identified as a trusted client advisor; national in reach, local in service and selected for our quality and expertise in the build environment.
Our Clients' Values:
- Professional Integrity
- Technical Expertise
- Solution Focused
- Reliable Personal Service
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.