Position - Senior Electrical Design Engineer/Technical Manager
Location - Leeds
Salary - £40,000 - £50,000 depending on level of technical knowledge and experience
Sector - Electronics, Electrical Engineering, R&D/Technology
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Electrical Design Engineer/Technical Manager within our business located in the Yorkshire area (Leeds area).
The purpose of this role:
- You become the Product Technical Expert for our designs moving forward.
- You will become the senior member of engineering staff within the team, with overall technical responsibility for electronic product lines, providing technical knowledge and expertise to support design and production activities.
- As technical expert you become the brand's lead engineer for the design and development of niche market, auxiliary power management and control systems, taking products from conception through prototyping, testing and to production, and providing technical support and continuous improvement thereafter.
- You will work closely with in-house Software Engineers to deliver complete, saleable programmable logic control systems, which are configured for individual applications/sales using bespoke software.
- The primary engineering focus for the role will be the design of electrical product hardware/micro-controllers, including complex circuit schematics and PCBs.
- Oversee development of related mechanical enclosures/features.
- Provide fault diagnosis and resolution for often complex product electrical issues in a time-pressured environment.
- Provide expertise in vehicle CANBus interrogation and integration -with/CAN interfacing product development.
- Overseeing of product testing and certifications.
- The management of product developments with generation of related time plans to ensure products are delivered on schedule.
- Production of detailed technical documents.
- Work off-site, potentially at short notice when situations require it.
Key experience and skills required:
- Role would be requiring of a candidate holding a degree in Electronics Engineering or equivalent, related subjects.
- Previous experience of electronic/electrical systems is essential.
- Excellent skills in the design development of electronic embedded systems, ideally with experience in control and power products.
- Excellence in the development of multi-layer PCBs and complex schematics using CAD.
- Proven track record in delivering new products and in resolving technical issues whilst working to often time-pressured customer requirements and project deadlines.
- High competence in low-level embedded software (LINUX, C/C++) with ability to produce and test bespoke firmware.
- Additional working experience with high-level software and Android platforms would be beneficial.
- Industry experience of working with communications and connected technologies. Knowledge of telematics & driver behaviour systems would be desirable.
- Strong problem solving skills.
For more information or to apply for this Senior Electrical Design Engineer/Technical Manager vacancy please email your up to date CV to Amo Rai, Senior Automation & Robotics Consultant.