Senior Electrical Design Engineer
Staffordshire to £50k
Overview of the role:
We are looking for a Senior Electrical Design Engineer to deliver the next generation of electronic and electrical systems, having full ownership and design responsibility for an already successful material handling machine.
Your Responsibilities as an Electrical & Electronics Design Engineer
- Electrical and electronic system and architecture definition with knowledge of SAE J1939 CAN Protocol and machine systems software application.
- Developing concepts and existing systems. Understanding of safety critical systems and the application to electrical and electronics systems design and specification in harsh environments
- Specifying of electrical and electronic components for use in the vehicle system
- Testing and validation of machine electrical and electronic components and systems
- Management of technical reviews/process.
- Delivering machine schematic and harness drawings and liaising with the supply base to deliver these parts on time and to cost
- Have a formal qualification in Electrical Engineering
- Be able to demonstrate proven history of creating reliable, robust and innovative vehicle wiring systems - either individually or as part of a team.
- Be expected to be fully IT literate, with experience of working with VeSys or Zuken E3 electrical design packages
- Be an enthusiastic team player with a 'hands on' approach to problem solving. A positive attitude will be able to enthuse those around them to deliver innovative solutions to tight timescales
What's in it for you?
- Career progression and development.
- Competitive salary, company pension scheme, medical insurance and dental care schemes, access to the company's healthy living centre and 33 days annual leave.
For more information or to apply please contact Gemma Skidmore of Jonathan Lee Recruitment