Due to business growth, we have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Electrical Design Engineer to join our team based in Tadcaster, Yorkshire. As the Senior Electrical Design Engineer, you will provide a robust, effective, product design solutions to the business to ensure the business meets its responsibilities to customers & regulatory bodies
- Provide an elevated level of electrical design output through a thorough understanding of internal / external customer and regulatory requirements.
- Continuously apply innovative thought to ensure the companies electrical design services offer maximum value to our customers
- Provide a high level of commercial awareness to ensure design solutions are delivered in the most cost-effective manner and scope changes are managed in accordance with the company's standard operating procedures
- Ensure schedules are understood and workload and resources are managed so that deadlines are achieved.
- Ensure electrical design output is in line with the company's standard operating procedures and relevant regulatory requirements
- Effectively communicate project status to team members, management, customers and suppliers.
- Play a pro-active role in the departments continuous improvement programme.
- Provide the Control Systems Manager with the required information to establish a projects performance relative to its KPI's.
- Assist Technical Sales, Innovations and Applications Team to ensure that all proposals are technically viable through due diligence
- Perform the role of Electrical Design Lead at internal and external design review meetings.
- Mentor Electrical Designers to ensure the quality of the design output and achievement of deadlines.
- Support the Control Systems Manager in the management of facilities and tools.
- Always strive to add value to our customers, building partnerships based on trust, respect and flexibility. Communicate effectively always and provide unrivalled extra service, unexpected and beyond anything our competitors provide
Qualifications, skills and experience required
- Experience of supervising and mentoring an electrical design team
- Experience in the electrical design of industrial automation in a manufacturing environment
- Experience of working in an innovative environment and providing innovative solutions.
- Experience in evaluating technical requirements and providing viable solutions.
- Experience in identifying and reporting long and short-term project resource requirements.
- Ability to perform the role of Senior Electrical Designer for multiple projects simultaneously.
- The generation and verification of design documents. (Assembly drawings, detail drawings, parts lists, P&I diagrams, electrical diagrams)
- Interpretation of customer requirements and presentation of design solutions at internal design reviews
- Commercially aware of the effective use of resources, scope change and implications of choice.
- Applying technical due diligence, being risk aware, performing internal and supplier evaluation to mitigate risk.
- Knowledge of British and international standards relative to the design and installation of industrial automation systems.
- Experience of conducting assessments and generating technical documents in accordance with the Machinery Directive and other British and international standards relative to the design and installation of industrial automation systems.
- Experience in the validation procedures and application of GAMP
- HNC, HND, or BSC in a relevant engineering discipline
- Proficient in the use and support of electrical design software (Preferably EPlan)
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite
- Sound interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritise work within tight timescales
If you would like to apply for the Senior Electrical Design Engineer vacancy please email your upto date CV to Amo Rai, Senior Automation & Robotics consultant at Jonathan Lee Recruitment.