- Sector: Automation & Controls
- Function: Product design and development
- Contact: Paul Robson
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 01384 446117
- Expiry Date: 09 February 2022
- Job Ref: 60263
Senior Electrical Controls Engineer – Kilmarnock - £ Competitive DOE
- This is a great opportunity for a talented and ambitious Senior Electrical Controls Engineer to work for a company renowned for delivering technologically innovative engineering solutions across industry sectors.
- The successful candidate will provide Electrical and Automation (software) Engineering services to all areas of the factory.
As Senior Electrical Controls Engineer – you will be required to
- To design and develop electrical equipment and instrumentation to improve manufacturing techniques for new or existing equipment.
- Analyse plant processes, design and implement improvements with focus on electronics, automation, IT-network infrastructure, and measurement instrumentation.
- Provide a central electrical design service and technical expertise where required.
- Ensure electrical designs are structured around future maintainability and comply with latest safety legislation.
- You will be expected to be flexible, enthusiastic, and consistently deliver on commitments and meet the challenges of the role.
- You will be an excellent communicator both internally as well as externally and excellent organisational skills are also required.
- To, specify, procure, and qualify new Capital Equipment, or modify existing machine equipment. Ensuring that specifications are available for external suppliers for the purposes of quoting for new or improved equipment.
- To ensure compliance with quality as well as environmental and legislative requirements within the factory, working closely with site departments and external organisations.
- To write software using PLC’s (Siemens) incorporating the latest safety technologies.
- Attend major breakdowns (troubleshooting issues with hard- and software) and provide technical expertise/leadership to maintenance electricians.
- Plan preventive maintenance with focus on electric systems
As Senior Electrical Controls Engineer – you will have
- A degree or equivalent in Electrical Engineering (or manufacturing, or mechanical engineering) with relevant experience in an engineering manufacturing environment.
- The applicant should also have experience of working with vector drives (AC & DC) and temperature controllers.
- IT fundamentals in relation to server, client and networking IT-networks, remote access rights administration.
- Siemens TIA Portal (PLC programming), Siemens starter (drives programming)
- HMI programming, WinCC Scada, Skills on measurement instrumentation
Suitably qualified and experienced Senior Electrical Controls Engineers should apply today by contacting Paul Robson at Jonathan Lee Recruitment.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.