Senior CAD Design Engineer (Electrical Engineering)- 34735 - up to £29.95/hr
A Senior Electrical CAD Design Engineer is required to work for a leading automotive OEM based in Gaydon, Warwickshire.
- Create compatible package solutions for Electrical components in almost every zone of the vehicle Design in context work ethic to ensure geometry compatibility with cross functional teams including Body, Trim, Powertrain, Chassis, Harness, Manufacturing, Service & Design.
- Coordinate, present and report package feasibility and status at Senior reviews
- Secure packaging sign-off of installations from all stakeholders
- Ensure all packaging solutions adhere to packaging design standards.
- Ensure all packages adhere to 6mm static clearance and 18mm dynamic
- Ensure all Electrical component packaging solutions meet the component functional requirements.
- Creation and maintenance of Electrical Design Solutions (DSs) for a given programme(s).
- Responsible for creating strategic module locations to deliver optimised Harness routes
- Support and resolve any arising Electrical package issues from virtual and physical prototype build events
- Support Virtual Series countdown events, Manufacturing virtual builds, Program Go/No Go events, must resolves
- Creation of Harness routing including 12V, 48V and High Voltage cables
- Contribution to Bill Of Design (BoD) for components and Harnesses
3 KEY SKILLS REQUIRED
- Certified Catia V5 or V6 User
- Harness Design experience
- Project management including negotiation skills to deliver robust Engineering Package solutions.
CAD - Geometry generation (parts and assemblies)
Recognised and certified Catia V5 trained
Harness workbench experience
Equivalent of HNC or HND in a Mechanical or Automotive background
In return for your experience we can offer:
- Long term contract initially until March 2019 with potential to be renewed yearly
- Experience working with a leading automotive company
Unfortunately candidates requiring visa sponsorship CANNOT be considered for this role. To apply you MUST have either an EU/UK passport or a Visa that does not require sponsorship.
For more information and to apply for this role please contact Rachel Meacham.