about 2 months ago
My client is an acknowledged leader in embedded computing, especially in the military/aerospace market. Our products are used in hundreds of mission critical applications, where the performance and reliability we deliver can be a matter of life and death.
We're growing fast: we've added substantially to our organization in roles across the board - and that expansion will continue. We're also growing by acquisition. Our strategy puts our customers front and center of everything we do: their success will drive our success.
If you see yourself being part of a growing organization that's making a real difference in the world, this client is for you.
My client is the global leader in open architecture rugged embedded systems. We deliver market-leading commercial off-the-shelf and custom products, together with best in class program lifecycle management. This, together with our 700+ professionals' unwavering focus on our customers' success, reduces program cost and risk, allows technology insertion with affordable readiness and enables platforms to successfully reach deployment sooner and with a lower total cost of ownership. With an active presence in a significant number of national asset platforms on land, sea and in the air, Abaco Systems is trusted where it matters most.
We are recruiting a Senior DevOps Engineer as part of our UK Software Department based in Towcester UK. In this role, you will collaborate with software developers and IT staff members to develop and manage the technology infrastructure, which is critical to our development and automated test activities.
Working in a fast-paced environment where multi-discipline teams are operating in tight collaboration, you will be exposed to all aspects of the design, testing and validation of our products. Continuous Improvement is at the heart of our culture and everyone is encouraged to find new ways of pushing the boundaries and innovate.
- Work closely with IT on the update and upgrade of Engineering Systems, including firmware and O/S patching/upgrading and Engineering Application updates
- Work with the Engineering Leadership team, IT and other stakeholders to develop a roadmap for Engineering server infrastructure - On premises, IaaS, PaaS and SaaS
- A key member in designing and maintaining Automation Systems and Technology Stacks within Engineering, providing expertise in deployment of new platforms
- An advocate for best security practices in an Agile development process, suggesting code or tool enhancements to the development pipelines with security in mind
- Application administration of Engineering Tools (DOORS, Atlassian, Repositories etc)
- Implement best practice security processes within the Engineering department and lab facilities
- Communicate development status to key stakeholders in a timely and professional fashion
- Produce internal documentation for assigned tasks consistent with engineering procedures
- Participate in continuous improvement of Software Development Processes
- Degree (2.1) (or equivalent experience) in Electronics, Computer Science, or related discipline
- A demonstrable knowledge of continuous integration and DevOps tools, such as: Jenkins, Ansible, Python, Linux (CentOS/Red Hat), GitLab, Atlassian, Groovy, Foreman, Chocolatey, Artifactory
- Experience deploying and maintaining Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery environments
- Experience working in an embedded software environment with Linux
- Strong understanding of scripting, for example, bash scripting
- Strong problem-solving and creative, solution-building skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work successfully in a team environment
Awareness of computer architectures and hardware design
Willing to travel internationally on occasion
As a company supplying products and services directly and indirectly to Governments, My client uses a security clearance process for all new recruits. You should only apply for the advertised position if:
You are a British citizen or hold dual nationality, and
You have been a resident in the UK for at least two of the last 10 years.
Please note that these are the minimum requirements for initial consideration. My Client also makes security and other enquiries to ensure the suitability of candidates for employment.
If this is of interest please send me your latest CV and mobile number. My contact details are - Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Mobile: 07947 344040
We also have a £300 referral reward scheme for successfully placed engineers. Please send me any colleagues or friends who you think might be suitable.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.