Senior Development Engineer - Rotating Electrics
Salary Range: £37,271 to £47,000 (Depending on Experience) plus benefits including bonus, share and pension scheme
Industry: Off Highway - Engines
A great opportunity has become available for the world's leading manufacturer of off-highway machinery and diesel and natural gas engines.
The successful Senior Development Engineer will take responsibility for development activities on starter motors and alternators for various brand engine ranges.
Each project offers the opportunity to work on the latest rotating electrics, supporting the development of engines designed to meet the latest emissions legislation, with world-class levels of quality and reliability.
Through this role, the successful candidate will have an excellent opportunity to take part in, and have significant responsibility for, the end-to-end development process for modern rotating electric components and starting/charging systems.
To apply for this position you should have some of the following:
- Strong technical background - ideally a good technical degree in mechanical, electronic, electrical, control systems or automotive engineering - though consideration will be given to other qualifications or significant relevant experience in lieu of this.
- Prior experience in engine component development (preferably gained on starters and / or alternators) and starting/charging systems.
- Experience of running and participating in FMEA.
- Experience of designing and executing verification and validation test plans for rotating electric components.
- Experience of writing technical document / requirements / test plans.
This is development engineering position, with regular customer interaction. It is an excellent opportunity to join a friendly engineering team and become part of a world-class organisation.
Please contact James Tilley for details.