Senior Development Engineer (Performance & Emissions)
Can you offer a strong engineering background and knowledge of diesel/gasoline/gas engine fundamentals or after treatment systems?
This Performance and Emissions (P&E) Senior Development Engineer role will suit candidates looking for an opportunity to further their career at the cutting edge of engine development, specialising in calibration of after treatment.
Senior Development Engineers are responsible for developing and validating a prestigious range of diesel engines to ensure product satisfaction for a global customer base. This role will include the following activities:
- Taking responsibility for developing engines to meet challenging requirements for Performance & Emissions, this role is focused around, but not limited to After-Treatment.
- Specific experience of SCR, DPF, DOC, hardware and calibration would be highly beneficial for this role.
- Hardware development/specification of emissions critical components: Combustion system, FIE, Air handling (turbocharger and EGR systems).
- Calibration development: Base engine performance and emissions
- After-treatment control.
- Certification testing.
- Simulation: 1d simulations (using WAVE) for concept evaluation, turbocharger matching, cam profile development, after-treatment development. CFD simulation (using Converge) of the combustion, air path and after-treatment system.
Successful candidates will most likely possess a Degree in Mechanical Engineering and will be based at a renowned and ever expanding research and development centre. This Senior Development Engineer role will offer a highly competitive salary, pension scheme, medical cover (including dental) and a generous holiday allowance.
For further details please don't hesitate to contact James Tilley at Jonathan Lee Recruitment.