Job title: Senior Design Engineer
Salary Range: Up to £50.00 per hour (Fully dependent on experience)
Industry: Off Highway (Engine-in-machine)
A Senior Design Engineer opportunity has become available for one of the world's leading manufacturers of off-highway machinery and diesel and natural gas engines.
The successful applicant will hold a key role within the Mechanical Systems team, having responsibility to lead engine installation design into off-highway machines with associated machine architectural changes, in support of company acquisitions with strategic OEMs.
Working in a multi-discipline team the successful applicant will combine diesel engine and aftertreatment knowledge with their understanding of off-highway machines, their power trains and systems to initiate and develop optimal engine~machine installation concepts & designs.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Lead and create engine-in-machine packaging feasibility studies, exploring integration ideas and summarising alternative concepts.
- Implementing selected concept(s) through design, in accordance with prevailing design guides and standards evolving from prototype design to production level as development progresses.
- Present & discuss technical proposals both internally and with OEM customers, informally and in structured design review meetings.
- Self-management of assigned tasks to agreed customer critical requirements, delivering high quality work to documented or novel processes within agreed timescales.
- Profiling new engine options.
- Prepare material for analysis and transfer to OEM customers.
- Managing positive BOM for machine builds.
- Contribute in component, sub-system and system FMEAs.
To apply for this position you should have some of the following:
- Requires a bachelor's or master degree in an accredited Engineering subject or significant engineering experience.
- Incumbents must have industrial experience in design of vehicle/machine systems or diesel engine integration.
- Technical understanding of off-highway machines & their power trains.
- Engineering hand calculations & an understanding of analysis led design.
- CREO and appreciation of other CAD systems & translation/transfers.
- Professional communication of technical information with team, customers and suppliers.
Please contact James Tilley for more details.